SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Sierra Crest, January 2012


RyderS

Posted by RyderS on Sep 7, 2011
Page Views: 639

Activity Details

Dates: Jan 1, 2012 through Jan 18, 2011
Location: California, United States
City or Place: Lone Pine
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Mountaineering
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

Hey everybody,

So a friend and I are planning a trip to the High Sierras this coming winter. We are all East Coast students planning to take a road trip out to Owen's Valley around New Years. We had a fourth member on the team, but he, unfortunately, had to drop out. We are looking to head out towards the West Coast sometime around the New Year for about 1.5 weeks in the mountains. With any luck, we are going to put some summit bids on few 14ers, including Whitney and Williamson, and maybe spend our off time having some lower key fun in the Alabama Hills (some trad, TR, bouldering, chillin' in good company, etc.). In terms of experience, basic mountaineering skills are preferred (or more/+; essentially you have been on winter backcountry/mountaineering trips before, you feel comfortable with an ice axe in your hand, you learned something, and most importantly, had loads of fun).

We're currently flying out and renting a car. If you're a CA local and would be generous enough to split a ride, we would worship your generosity. We would, of course, put up for gas (and maybe a little extra as a "thanks!"). At this point, it looks like we're flying into LAX, maybe SFO.

Some basic climbing background on the three of us:

We are all students who have had backcountry experience.

I (Ryder) have been mountaineering in the Lake Tahoe area (South Lake Tahoe and the Mount Rose Wilderness), the Sierra Crest, and the White Mountains in NH (will probably be there for a winter mountaineering trip come early December). I am also a trad and sport climber with experience in the RRG, the Gunks, Seneca, and various crags in New England. I also have basic ice climbing experience.

Abraham is also a trad climber with Gunks climbing experience. He has also done class 4 mountaineering in the Alps, as well as some limited mixed climbing experience on the Aiguille du Midi Cosmiques route. He also has some first ascents to his name in his home area in Mexico.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested. Itinerary is still somewhat flexible, especially in terms of plans once we are in Owens Valley.

Comments

No comments posted yet.


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"Ninjas aren't dangerous. They're more afraid of you than you are of them..."   --The Tick   

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.