Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 33.61906°N / 110.60335°W
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 6106 ft / 1861 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is a nice little peak located in the Jackson Butte Recreation Area. It's total bushwacking and we'll worth the effort. It's beautiful scenery and actually amazing how much the terrain changes in such a short hike. 

Getting There

From Globe, Arizona head northeast on Highway 60. After approximately 21 miles you'll see a pull off to your right and a gravel road to the left. Take the road to your left and follow it for approximately a half mile until you come to an abandoned airstrip. Turn left onto the airstrip and park at the end of the airstrip.

Route

As far as a route goes, just head for the summit. There are no trails here. You'll head down into a dry creekbed, cross a barbed wire fence, hike along a beautiful plateau (with lots of deer), and then head up through the rock walls. I think it took us a few hours to complete this hike which included lunch on the summit.

Red Tape

No Red Tape here.

When to Climb

I guess you could climb this anytime of the year.

Camping

There are fire rings at either end of the abandoned airstrip. We camped at the lower end which is also where we started our hike from.

External Links

Add External Links text here.