Archaeology Mountain: Vollein from Death to Life / a

Archaeology Mountain: Vollein from Death to Life / a

Page Type Page Type: Article
Activities Activities: Hiking

Thwarted Overview

Archaeo ... Rocky Face above Vollein Necropolis 2015
Archaeology Northeastern entrance at Necropolis 2015
Death to Life / a By Vollein Necropolis Area to SE 2015
Giants petrified in rocks or carved from Lightning? 2015
Death to Life / a Mournful entry to <i>Necropolis</i> 2015



It can be done in the twentieth Century an archaeological discovery of nearly 6,000 years ago?. Rare, but not impossible. And on the mountains? Even more rare, but possible. How nearby the small Vollein Village in 1968. But where is this Vollein which until then was totally unknown to most? We have to go up the hill of the Municipality of Quart that climbs upward until Trois Villes triple Village, at the foot of the Croix de Fana (2212m) and then splits opening up to the West towards the Comba Sénevé otherwise known Cénevé and East to the adjacent and parallel Dèche Coma or Vallon. On both dominates the dual Eastern and Western Tsaat a l'Etsena (2971m, 2967m), flanked on his right by the seven Becchi Fana (2951m), whilst to the West descends a long ridge that formed the Tip Sénevé (2928m) and Tête d'Arpisson or "Pelon de Quart" (2856m), reaches the Mont Mary (2815m), now and finally at the gates of the City of Aosta. All of these mountains contain the first of these two basins. As singular as it is fascinating and mysterious. His appearance is lunar and indicates a place where they could live exclusively ancient and forgotten Populations, who took refuge here trying to survive with an old use of the sun's rays to heat up and the little that passed the Nature to feed up to certain Death, coming down from the shadows of these dark mounts.
A Rite certainly Pagan linked to the Cult of the Sun God and the worship of the Clouds over Mountains, a way of life rather than millennia, as for many other peoples of the whole planet Earth, destined to remain carved in the hard, bare rock, while wood as for their bodies, he degraded disappearing into thin inexorable of Time ...




Si può fare nel XX° Secolo una scoperta archelogica di quasi 6.000 anni fa?. Raro, ma non impossibile. E sulle montagne? Ancora più raro, ma possibile. Come nei pressi del Villaggetto di Vollein nel 1968. Ma dov'é questo Vollein il quale insino a quella data era totalmente ai più sconosciuto? Dobbiamo risalire la collina del Comune di Quart che sale sù fino a Trois Villes, ai piedi della Croix de Fana (2212 m) e poi si sdoppia aprendo verso Occidente la Comba di Senevé altrimenti detta di Cénevé ed ad Oriente quella Dèche. Su entrambe domina la duplice Tsaat a l'Etsena (2971 m, 2967 m), affiancata sulla sua destra dai sette Becchi di Fana (2951 m), mentre ad Ovest scende una lunga cresta che, formata la Punta di Senevé e la Tête d'Arpisson o "Pelon de Quart", raggiunge il Mont Mary (2815 m), ormai alle porte della Città di Aosta. Tutte queste montagne contengono il primo di questi due bacini. Tanto solitario quanto misterioso. Il suo aspetto é lunare ed indica un luogo dove potevano esclusivamente abitare antiche e dimenticate Popolazioni, qui rifugiantesi per sopravvivere cercando con vetusto uso i raggi del sole per scaldarsi e quel pò che passava la Natura per alimentarsi sin a Morte certa.
Rito certamente Pagano legato al Culto del Dio Sole ed all'adorazione delle Nubi in Montagna, un'abitudine di vita più che millennaria, come per molti altri popoli dell'intero pianeta Terra, destinata a rimanere scolpita nella dura e nuda roccia, mentre il legno, come pei loro corpi, degradava sparendo nell'inesorabile diluir del Tempo ...




We started from the top using the scroll of Time, a slide that runs as wild clouds of these "corrupt" mountains, almost in more than restless, a stormy Ocean
from which it finds shelter just down below. Towards the first signs of life, the testimony of which were still in the early Seventies. Remain clear signs of silvery iron axes on logs cut with great skill by the ancient inhabitants and the control of the balance between space and ground, suspended on rough stone carved in support of a great burden.
So Alpe di Sénevé (2200 m) and down to the village Chamerod (1600 m), in the middle discovering another even more ancient and now destroyed by Time.
Then, as you go down, meet other villages and buildings. But never cemeteries. But their Dead where they put them? An answer there exists and go looking for her ...




Abbiam iniziato dall'alto ricorrendo alla pergamena del Tempo nello scorrer selvaggio di nuvole su queste "corrotte" montagne, quasi un Oceano tempestoso dal quale trovasi riparo solo scendendo più abbasso. Verso i primi segnali di Vita, le testimonianze dei quali permanevano ancora agli inizi degli Anni Settanta. Rimanevan segni delle argentee asce sui tronchi tagliati con somma maestria ed il controllo dell'equilibrio tra spazio e terra, sospeso su ruvida pietra scolpita a sostegno d'un grande fardello.
Così all'Alpe di Senevé (2200 m) e giù sin al Villaggio di Chamerod (1600 m), scoprendone nel mezzo un'altra ancor più antica ed ormai distrutta dal Tempo.
Poi, man mano che scendi, incontri altri villaggi ed altre costruzioni. Ma mai i cimiteri. Ma i loro Morti dove li mettevano? Una risposta esiste ed andiamo a cercarla ...




Dropping in the evening to a New Dawn mysterious




You have to go even further down, toward the Valsainte, which in those days was not Sainct and Salassi shunned because formed by a horrid throat above the Castle of Villair-de-Quart, built in "recent" 1185. There inhabited exclusively by herds wolves and even a few groups bears, while above the eagles circled, ominously looking for their prey.
But we're talking about almost 6,000 years ago, that is, more than 3,000 years before Christ, in a long period called and thoroughly known by all as the Neolithic.
But everything has stayed the same and unchanging, from sundown on the sides of the Southern Croix de Fana, to relax the shadow of the Atlas of Rouèses there in front and to the new Dawn that flooded the large triangular pyramid of Emilius, who then simply called Pen. A God who made the sun rise for both the Living that for the Dead.
But the Salassians, this Celtic People arrived from the Northlands, avoided the Val Sainte
, this inhospitable throat, and so coming from the valley floor at the Drance as descending from the mountains bent to the East, where the hill goes to break the Torrent St. Barthélemy. There, just beyond the Village that is now called Vignil (946m), there is a large forest-rocky promontory above the smaller Vollein Hamlet (891m). Suspended in a "magic area" above the course of Baltea, which floods with its perpetual shadow, he turns his face to the South looking eternally the favors of the Sun. Here the Salassian's People, amid gigantic walls and boulders in the oddest shapes, buried their dead in coffins with inhumation into a small rectangular stone built by them or simply putting the same in large crevices of the rock and then covering the cave with a large stone burial.




After the discovery of the Year 1968, I brought in the Mid-Seventies the students of my School to visit this area. I returned here on November 18th of 2015.
I did not recognize the area and I had to get information from some young climbers who practiced at the entrance of the same on the big rock wall that rises immediately to the North. Time and age play tricks, but I could enjoy the feelings that I not had then received or of which almost nothing remember. The downside is that in a more mature age can be observed a greater number of shades, among which highlighted the contrast of Death, well symbolized by this ancient burial site, and the thrust of Life, represented by the voices of joy and love of life of these young men engaged in their challenging although short climbings. I tell of all in the next article, showing this as evident as great contrast. Logically with proper photo shoot ...




From the rocky promontory of ancient Vollein's Necropolis towards South, by Osw November 2015


Devi scendere ancora più in giù, verso la Valseinte, che a quei tempi non era Santa ed i Salassi l'evitavano perché formata da orrida gola soprastante il Castello del Villair-de-Quart, costruito nel "recente" 1185. Là abitavan esclusivamente branchi di lupi ed anche qualche orso, mentre in alto roteavano l'aquile, sinistramente cercando le lor prede.
Noi invece stiam parlando di quasi 6.000 anni orsono, cioé di 3.000 e più anni avanti Cristo, in un'Epoca lunga chiamata e conosciuta da tutti qual Era del Neolitico.
Ma tutto é rimasto uguale ed immutabile, dal calare del sole sui fianchi Meridionali della Croix de Fana, al distendersi dell'ombre sulla Catena delle Rouèses là di fronte e sino alla nuova Alba inondante di luce la grande piramide triangolare dell'Emilius, che allora si chiamava semplicemente Pen. Un Dio facente sorger il Sole sia per i Vivi che pei Morti.
Ma i Salassi, questo Popolo Celtico apparentemente arrivato dalle Terre del Nord, evitavano la Val Sainte
, questa inospitale gola rocciosa, ed arrivando tanto dal fondovalle presso la Drance quanto scendendo dalle montagne piegavano verso Oriente, là dove la collina va ad infrangersi sul Torrent de Saint Barthélemy. Lì, appena più in là del Villaggio che oggi si chiama Vignil (946 m), esiste un grande promontorio boschivo-roccioso che precede il più piccolo di Vollein (891 m). Sospeso in "un'area magica" sopra il corso della Dora Baltea, che inonda della sua ombra perenne, rivolge la sua faccia verso Meridione cercando eternamente i favori del Sole, che proviene sbucando tra le due Roises, la Tour de Salé e l'Emilius. Qui, in mezzo a pareti gigantesche ed a massi dalle forme le più bizzarre, seppellivano i loro morti inumando gli stessi in bare di pietra rettangolari costruite da loro stessi, oppure più semplicemente infilando i medesimi in grandi anfratti rocciosi e poi coprendo le fonde caverne con una grande pietra sepolcrale.
Dopo la scoperta del 1968, ho portato a metà degli Anni Settanta gli alunni della mia Scuola a visitare questa area. Qui son ritornato il 18 di Novembre del 2015.
Non ho riconosciuto la zona ed ho dovuto prendere informazioni da alcuni giovani arrampicatori che si esercitavano all'ingresso della medesima su quella grande parete rocciosa che si erge subito a Settentrione. Il tempo e l'età giocano brutti scherzi, però ho potuto gustare delle sensazioni che allora non avevo ricevuto o delle quali quasi nulla ricordo.
Il rovescio della medaglia consiste nel fatto che in un'età più matura si possono osservare un maggior numero di sfumature, tra le quali si evidenziava il contrasto della Morte, bene simbolizzato da questo antico sito sepolcrale, e la spinta della Vita, evidenziato dalle voci di gioia e dalla voglia di vivere di questi giovanotti impegnati in lor brevi scalate.
Racconterò del tutto nel prossimo nonché maggiormente dettagliato articolo con tanto di tombe sepolcrali, mettendo in mostra questo tanto evidente quanto grande contrasto.
Logicamente con adeguato servizio fotografico ...

Croix de Fana Higher Senevé or Cénevé Comba 2002
Archaeology ... Northern entrance on Necropolis 2015
Emilius Mountain Chain & Surr. from Sénevé EMO & SUGG  <font color=purple><b>NEW DAWN</font></b>
Death to Life Mysterious Salassians entombments? 2015
Archaeology Vollein s Necropolis ancient tombs 2015


Comments

No comments posted yet.