Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 43.31400°N / 71.116°W
Additional Information Elevation: 1357 ft / 414 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

From the summit of Blue Job...



Blue Job Mountain has arguably the best view in Southern New Hampshire. It is because of the view, which spans from Mt. Washington to the north, Mt. Monadnock to the west and Atlantic Ocean to the east that make Blue Job Mountain a must to summit. Though not a an open summit like Cardigan or Monadnock, the short trip up to the top of the fire tower gives amazing views.

From the summit of Blue Job...From the summit of Blue Job Mountain



There are two routes to the summit and they both start from the same parking area. The fire road goes up the west side of Blue Job Mountain. The road runs through a number of of open fields which provide good views of the south and the west. The Blue Job Mountain Trail takes off from the parking area and travels the eastern face of the summit. This side is more forested with the best view on the way up is just below the summit with a semi-open view off to the east.

Is there common for this summit to be crowded due to the ease of the hike. If you want to avoid the crowds hike this mountain in either early spring or late fall.

Getting There

VIA FIRE ROAD OR BLUE JOB MOUNTAIN TRAILHEAD: From 202A head north on First Crown Point Road (Left if coming from Strafford, Right if coming from Rochester). Take First Crown Point Road 5.3 miles north. The trailhead parking area will be on your right just beyond the height of land. It is marked by a spray painted sign.

Red Tape

There is no Red Tape.

When To Climb

Blue Job Mountain can be climbed at any time of the year. However snowshoes may be recommend for any winter ascents.

Camping

Blue Job is very short loop hike of 1.0 mile, therefore camping is not nesseccary. There were though no signs prohibiting camping, however due to high traffic I wouldn't recommend it.

Mountain Conditions

http://hikenh.netfirms.com/TDBlueJb.htm

Summit Picture Log

Post your summit mugshot here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
EastKing

EastKing - Jan 16, 2006 5:30 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for the update. I have to head up there soon.

vleuchter

vleuchter - Aug 22, 2005 8:53 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Bring along some containers to pick blueberries. If the warden isn't too busy, maybe he'll show the kids how he detects fires from the observation tower.

royswkr - Jan 15, 2006 4:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

The landowner no longer allows hiking up the jeep road through the blueberry fields, and the state has built a new parking lot about .1 miles to the N (with huge sign and street light) and new W loop trail.

See the AMC SNH Trail Guide or the web site listed under "conditions" for more specific info. This info is also posted at the site but fading in the sun.

Still a great hike, but a little longer.

EastKing

EastKing - Jan 16, 2006 5:30 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for the update. I have to head up there soon.

Emtellez - Jul 9, 2012 9:49 am - Hasn't voted

GPS Coordinates

The parking area is a bit confusing to find. Here are the coordinates: N43° 19.715' W 071° 07.364' Hope this helps!

Nigel Jones - Mar 12, 2015 8:27 am - Voted 8/10

Winter

Went for a walk up the hill yesterday great views from the top trip spoiled slightly by the amount of dog poo on the lower reaches of the hill come on dog owners bag it

Viewing: 1-6 of 6



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.