Viewing: 1-1 of 1
reinhard2

reinhard2 - Aug 20, 2007 7:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Pano attached

Hi Myzantrope,

I just attached an En Vau-Castelvieil pano.

As to your description of the climbing character I think you should add that in this most famous Calanque the rock quality in many routes has seen its best times long ago and is no longer very good, but very polished (I think you call this "marbré" in French, in German it is "abgeschmiert"), which compromises the fun of climbing considerably. I remember scaling one route (I don't remember the name) on the west side (east face) of En Vau in 1981, it was horrible (albeit I admired my local climbing mate who was leading the 2 pitches and glided over the dalles lisses like a snake). I guess that the situation has not improved since.

2nd, I noticed a slight error - you announce to describe HOW TO REACH CALANQUE DE MORGIOU.

3rd, you are right to disencourage staying in Marseille. I would like to add that at my time the road from Marseille to Cassis was dubbed road of death (route de la mort) because of frequent accidents. I guess this has not improved, either. However, you don't mention the real danger that the car will be broken open as well in Cassis as in Marseille, with the result that you can buy back the gear you have left in the car on the next market a few days later. This is the 3rd thing which I guess has not improved.

Finally, I would propose that you add some more informative captions to your images (instead of simply "Located near Marseille (France)" for each image).

And as to the Sugiton page: does the possibility of parking at Luminy no longer exist? would be the shortest access.

Salut
Reinhard

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Return to 'Calanque d'En-Vau' main page