Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Dean

Dean - Jan 31, 2005 10:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Looks pretty good already

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Feb 1, 2005 12:40 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Î second Dean. But for the broken link in the mountain conditions section it's already a quite complete page. But I'm aware that the link is no problem of yours rather one of the weather site...

wildstar

wildstar - Feb 1, 2005 11:54 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Looks good.

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Feb 1, 2005 6:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page! Thanks for sharing and have a good one!

-Britt

Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - Nov 28, 2005 10:21 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Scott,



what is the origin of the two names you used for this peak? (Aha! I figured it out - on the last page of the W Uinta guidebook :)

Scott

Scott - Feb 9, 2006 12:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

what is the origin of the two names you used for this peak? (Aha! I figured it out - on the last page of the W Uinta guidebook :)



Caught me. Anyway, I usually name a peak after its nearest named feature such as "Fish Lake Peak", or "North Long Mountain".



I couldn't find a named feature on this peak that wasn't already taken. Smith and Morehouse Peak is a local name for another peak. Island Lake Peak (named for a different Island Lake) is already on one of my peak list for the Uintas, and nothing else fit, so I tagged the name of my wife to it for the book.



Apparently some of the Forest Service workers have a copy of my book, because I noticed the name appear on one of the Forest Service maps. I thought, oops, I shouldn't and wrote a letter. Don't know if it still on the maps as I moved soon after.



Anyway, I tagged the peak as Cone Peak for this page because of its appearance.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Cone Peak (Peak 11,260)' main page