Craig, Jonathan, Diane, and...

Craig, Jonathan, Diane, and...

Craig, Jonathan, Diane, and Katie on the summit August 4, 2002 in the middle of strong winds and blowing snow. (Photo by S. Jones)
crirwin
on Oct 28, 2002 2:46 pm
Image ID: 13432

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1

Katie1704 - Jan 10, 2003 10:17 am - Hasn't voted

The long lost daughter

Yes this is Katie! I wanted to add a little comment to let you all know a little about this trip. This was the first real hike I had ever done! It would have been a little easier if I had done somehiking before! We arrived on the mountain 6 days before my birthday. We hung around then we all went to bed. Well most everyone did. Me and my friend stayed up almost all night talking because I couldn't fall asleep. So with an hour of sleep in me I got up for the longg day ahead. I remember jumping up in down at camp just trying to stay warm. So we started out and it was not looking to bad. Then after the little two mile hike it started to look a little harder. The rocks were the best part I had so much fun. My mother is always saying how I have no fear. I'm a huge dare devil, so leaping from rock to rock was the best part. The last 1000 feet were the worst!! The wind was wailing and blowing ice across my face. My hair literaally turned into a iceicle! When I finall pulled myself top the top I just colasped to the ground. I couldn't see more that 5 feet in front of my face! It was one of the roughest things I've ever had to do . This summer I hope to go back with my friend Chelsea... we'll see how she does. I've already warned my dad that if weather is as bad as it was last time I'm not finishing to the top. Let's just pray for good weather!! So there dad we can have special moments too :) he he :P I love you and I'm really looking froward to our next hike!

-Katie Irwin

Viewing: 1-1 of 1