Viewing: 1-14 of 14
mauri pelto

mauri pelto - Jun 26, 2006 11:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice day

You should have soaked your shin longer in the trailhead river. Ouch. Nice balance beam summit move too.

jordansahls

jordansahls - Jun 27, 2006 12:32 am - Hasn't voted

Your right.

I probably should have iced my shin,still the river did feel good while I was in it. I guess I'll learn eventually.

tphubbard

tphubbard - Jul 1, 2006 9:24 am - Voted 9/10

Awsome

Looks like a good alpine day out to say the least.

jordansahls

jordansahls - Jul 1, 2006 6:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Awsome

It's an awesome climb, even when you can't see things. I highly recommend that any climbers in the Pac NW that haven’t done this climb do so.

hikerbrian

hikerbrian - Jul 1, 2006 9:52 pm - Voted 10/10

Good times

Great TR. That knife edge is something else. I couldn't imagine doing it in whiteout conditions! Congratulations on your climb.

jordansahls

jordansahls - Jul 2, 2006 6:36 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good times

Thanks, the weird thing is that the ridge was easy to climb for me, just because I couldn’t see how far up we were. For a few moments on the summit the clouds broke, and I could see just to the bottom of the Inspiration glacier. The view down gave me a touch of vertigo, it sure was a thrill.

gimpilator

gimpilator - Jul 3, 2006 3:08 am - Hasn't voted

Great TR

Sorry to hear about the injuries. At least you got to summit. We made an attempt on Sahale three days prior but one of our party was injured at the base of the Sahale Arm turning our trip into an evac. Overall, it sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing!

jordansahls

jordansahls - Jul 3, 2006 7:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great TR

Thanks, the injuries have finally almost healed. Sorry to hear about your Sahale attempt, did you have to call in a helicopter? sounds like an interesting trip.

gimpilator

gimpilator - Jul 5, 2006 4:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great TR

We didn't call in a helicopter. Fortunately, we were only about 1000 vertical feet above cascade pass when the incedent happened. After Elisha slid down about 50 feet into talus, we had her rope up and down climb equalized on the rope with both rope ends up hill. Image. Two more of us descended next to her to help her stay upright on her injured legs. No broken bones thankfully, just muscle and knee damage. We stayed overnight at cascade pass and had her down by the following evening.

jordansahls

jordansahls - Jul 5, 2006 7:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great TR

Wow, I'm glade to hear that Elisha didn't have any serious injuries. Those Talus fields are a pain in the butt!

mvs

mvs - Jul 4, 2006 12:28 pm - Voted 10/10

ouch!

Man I have thanked the lord each time I walked through that boulderfield when there is snow on it...the holes are big in between! Glad you didn't completely break a bone, and really too bad about white out on the ridge, normally it's the fantastic part.

jordansahls

jordansahls - Jul 4, 2006 9:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: ouch!

Yeah, I was a little bummed that we didn’t get to see anything from the ridge, but the climb itself was a lot of fun. I guess the white out just gives me another reason to get out there again!

MountaingirlBC

MountaingirlBC - Jul 10, 2006 7:06 pm - Voted 10/10

awesome job!

You worked hard for that one! thanks for sharing!

jordansahls

jordansahls - Jul 12, 2006 10:43 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: awesome job!

Thanks!

Viewing: 1-14 of 14
Return to 'Eldorado in a Day' main page