Čergov

Page Type Page Type: Area/Range
Location Lat/Lon: 49.23509°N / 21.04379°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 3796 ft / 1157 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Čergov is a mountain range in Slovakian Carpathians. Geologically the range is a part of the Outer Western Carpathians.

The Polish name for the range is Góry Czerchowskie, słow. Čergov, ukr. Чергівські гори – Czerhiws'ki hory. Its also a part of Eastern Beskids (slov. Východné Beskydy).

The entire range is composed of Carpathian flysch, but sometimes limestone can be found.

 

Limestone rock - Sokolova Skala
Limestone rock - Sokolova Skala

 

 

The major peaks: Minčol (1157 m)

 

Minčol (1157 m)
Minčol (1157 m)

 

 

Veľká Javorina (1098 m), Bukový vrch (1010 m), and Lysá (1068 m), Čergov Peak (1050 m).

The slopes are grown with mixed forests with a predominance of deciduous trees, mostly beech, maple, oak, and birch.

At least five major nature reserves have been set aside for rare and protected species of trees, original vegetation, and protected animals.

One of these, Národná prírodná rezervácia Čergovský Minčol (National Wildlife Reserve of Minčol in the Čergov), is centered on the highest peak and was founded in 1986.

 

Getting There

The easiest way to get there is by car. The road connecting the cities of Prešov and Lubotin runs along the western part of the range. From each village, along the road, there are trails to different parts of the mountains. The most important are Kyjov and Kamenica.

Red Tape

No special restrictions there

External Links

Labeled panoramas

https://www.panorama-photo.net/panorama.php?pid=29809

https://www.panorama-photo.net/panorama.php?pid=29809

https://www.panorama-photo.net/panorama.php?pid=29792

http://naszczytach.cba.pl/geografia-linki/

 

Camping

The best way to spend the night is your own tent, under the peak of Mincol it is utulnia (small self-service chalet), but to stay here you need to contact the local tourist company.



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.