Folklore & ... Funny Histories & ... Curtain III°

Folklore & ... Funny Histories & ... Curtain III°

Page Type Page Type: Fact Sheet
Additional Information County: Aosta

Th'horrible Emilius' E'CHO

EMILIUS ... EMILIUS ... O ... EMILIO ... MILIO ... LIO ... OO ... OOO ... OOOO .... OOOOO ..... OOOOOO ...... OOOOOOO ....... ooooooo



^ ^ The SECRET of Emilius's E'CHO from the Carrel Pass, near Federigo Bivouac (2907m around), to North Wall and the flirt between "Becca" and Emilius.

* * The reveal YOU to one SECRET and a tiny & funny STORY: guarded in the Heart for many Decades, of which the time has as to reveal him: as soon as 40/50 metres above the footstep, in to lower houses knoll, where the path handle forms, you Khan launch, with Arms open to the Sky, your Cry as an Apache, to the Life; Emilius, with the great playpen of resonance of its dismal wall of nearly seven hundered metres, he will answer you with Your mighty Echo freeing the pours YOU another Dimension, making the meaning of the being understand YOU. You are also however, and always masters not to believe me. But if there you will go you will agree with me, still for once.

* *

> > >> The SCREAM moves the
Waters of the LOCH



* *


^ Il SEGRETO dell'ECO dell'Emilius, dal Colle Carrel, presso il Bivacco Federigo Zullo, (2907m circa), verso la cassa di risonanza della Nord ed il flirt tra la Becca e l'Emilius.

* * VI rivelo un SEGRETO ed una STORIELLA:
custodito nel Cuore per Decenni, del quale è giunta l'Ora di rivelare: appena 40/50 metri sopra il passo, in un minuscolo poggio, dove il sentiero forma un'ansa, potrete lanciare, a Braccia aperte al Cielo, il vostro Grido, come un Apache, alla Vita; l'Emilius, con la grande cassa di risonanza, donde il rimbombo, della sua tetra parete di quasi settecento metri, vi risponderà con il Suo possente Eco liberandoVI verso un'altra Dimensione, facendo comprendere a VOI il significato dell'Essere. Comunque, siate pur e sempre padroni di non credermi. Ma se là andrete, mi darete ragione, ancor per una volta.

The Old Beck Peck(c)oz Shelter & the Federigo Zullo Bivouac & EMILIUS's North WALL

CARDELLINA s B&W on Nona s Becca Summit (3142m)
In Federigo Zullo Bivouac (2907m)
FreeEly from  Becca  to Peak Garin 1986
<font color=red><b>FEDERIGO ZULLO BIVOUAC</b></font>
<b><font color=blue>Peckoz tiny Lake</b></font>


^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ The FEDERIGO ZULLO BIVOUAC to the Hill CARREL and the North Wall of the Emilius


I am few over the hours 9'00s of the 28 of July 1984, when a deafening noise us alarm clock in ours most rudimentary shelter, or better "hideaway." The shovels of a mastodontic monster airplane they appear for the first time above the Pass Carrel, as far as a giant, impending and to be hanging in Space Dragonfly or and better as a great incumbent Dragonfly and suspended in the Space. A great iron bird that lifts and it transports a great silvered box. Its noise is deafening and the Echo that postpones the Wall North of the Emilius is roaring and us alarm clock in abrupt way from our drowsiness. Moving the sacks of cement, utilized in the shape of pillows, and the four tables residual of the Refuge of the Gamekeepers of the Baron Beck Peck(c)oz in the Nineteenth Century, all of this that you has remained of those Ancient Vestiges, that yet have given us shelter for halves the Night because we have been climbed to late evening, it causes the appointments of job (I was busy in the evening training of handball to my girls, then of run in house to prepare the backpack ).
Yet up to halves the seventies, to the epoch of our "scorribandes" (= terrible raids) on him then uncontaminated West Crest today redoubt to "ferraglia" (= scrap iron), it was still standing, even if it already denoted, enough in evidence, yieldings and sinkings in the Northern part (you see photo of 1976).

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ The Old BARON's BECK PECK(C)OZ HUT, where they begin to begin to put on in evidence the first signals of yelding of the structure but still "standing", in August 01th, 1976.



Staggering we go out unsecured, for way of saying because we were already en "plein air"; the helicopter, rotating his great shovels, similar to a bird flutted, slowly cove his package in a small base as soon as awry and to East of the Footstep. Ah already! We am here today for this. To celebrate the laying of the Federigo Zullo Bivouac the Guide Henry Mauro he has asked me to climb for the occasion the Wall North, from me already slope the 31 of the Month of August 1980, for a New and more Direct Street in comparison to those of Amilcare Crétier and 1926 and 27 Company.
This way for the second time "we race" the Footstep of the Great Amilcare, that is not the Father of Hannibal the Carthaginian one, on the contrary a great mountain climber of the Valley of native Aosta precisly of Verrès little Town, fallen very young on the Cervino also Matterhorn with the friends mountaineers Antonio Gaspard and Basilio Ollietti, after having opened a Route New on his Great Shoulder or Peak Tyndall through the "De Amicis Crest", in July 08th, 1933. Very young it had for first together with Lino Binel and to Academician Renato Chabod, faced the Northern Wall of the Emilius, still virgin, as of however the East Face one that will be conquered by this last together with Giusto Gervasutti named "The Fortissimo" (very very Strong) in the 26 of the Month of June of the Year 1935 (what the date of my birthday is!). Succesful reached after the 1929 Great Misfortune, where on the same one the perished as many very young Brothers Alexander, more know and named "Dino" Charrey, and Jean with Cino Norat, all Mountaineers of Aosta's Bourg and true promising boys for the "Nouvel Alpinisme Valdotain".
(you see under I approach the next chapters on the East one of the Emilius and on the Run to the Wall North of the Grandes Jorasses)

And also the Great Angelino Bozzetti with the other Guide of the Valpelline Pietro, also called "Piero" Rosset, in 1960, departed from this small shelter to win in First Absolute Ascension the dangerous Black Triangle (3378 meters), great projection vertical and impending of 400 meters over the Eastern Arpisson's Glacier, and set among the Edge N-NE and the Wall North of the Emilius. For the second time the DESTINY unites us to the nighttime departures or of first morning of these Great ones. But that first time, for we, still subsisted an appearance of refuge with the last "fringes" Southern still standing and two small beams half burnt that they supported four lose, dangling and precarious above our heads, of stone. Then reached also deep night with very bad weather, we had been able to effect, Roby and me, a nap protected from these ancient ruins, and to the dawn, power on a small fire with the rests of some tables and drained a bottle of good wisky, while the snowstorm of snow raged (so much today with this "tempaccio" or bad weather we won't combine anything), we brought Northerly slowly us at the base of the (always for the hours 10'00s), that was not seen even seen the cloudy incumbent on the same one. It is all right we make two or three draughts of rope and we return of it "lemme lemme" (= quietly) Chez-Nous (= to House). In the transit from the "Shelter" Beck Peckoz to the wall a sudden tear among the clouds with to appear fleeting of a blue handkerchief of sky there given avava some small hope in more than to be able to effect the slope, immediately counterbalanced by the vision of the wall completely covered by the snow and frozen, such to seem the Ama Dablam. If gnawed sons will bloom… Instead, even if wound by the clouds and with bad conditions, climbed almost his 700 meters opening a Street New and more Direct, to the left of the Crétier and next to the Black Triangle. Instead, we four am of the idlers (also because as in 1980 we have been climbed at night and ours, more than an I camp out, it has to be considered as a brief nighttime standstill for an ascension in practice effected in day with Pila, Ski-Turistic Resort, departure) and so, ago as four years bring us to the attack of the wall that I they are over the hours 10'00s of the morning. So much Amilcar in the its two ascents in '26/'27 had said and written that, despite the appearances, not an only stone had stirred and our preceding slope had confirmed him in full. Only a small detail: in August of the 1980 into night it had snowed and everything was frozen … , as well as beautiful smooth as a smooth billiard-ball or, "elegantly, as an elegant patinoire".
But thing wants this "rompiscatole" (= pain in the arse & in the neck) of helicopter, ... he slept so well, rather we had just lulled there. And the Absolute Silences of the Years Twenties & Thirties come to mind, broken only to blow of the lone wind and from the smothered rattle of a Marmot, that Amilcar had captured near the mini Hut and that, inserted in the backpack, together with him SHE had completed the First Ascension Absolute and Complete of the Wall North, because the preceding year together with the Renato and the Lino they had had to divert on the Edge of the Three Abbots, because of the terminal slides all in alive ice, or "verglass". What beautiful times. For us the Era of the Technology reserves us instead this deafening and annoying awakening! Also to the Hill Carrel is ended the Epoch of the Silence, that true of the Mountain where, looking at the Nighttime Sky over its head, you feel yourself lost but also facente departs some Sidereal Abysses… 
33 ROUTES OF MONTE EMILIUS (3559m)
Amilcar with the Marmot, 1927/Crétier dopo la salita completa della Parete Nord 1927
For the occasion and guests to do him, another group with two ropes of Fénis and Saint Marcel, conducted from the Mountaineer Baptist Friend Pieiller, at the same time will climb the N-NE Edge on the thread of the vertical and dark Black Triangle. The all will be filmed by a helicopter of the organization, that instead cannot perform the project seen the bad meteorological conditions.
I was not and they don't agree for the positioning of the same in this place and, when Enrico asked me to his time a suggestion, I was Northerly me express for a small underlying morainic cone the, really to the Western and Oriental conjunction of the two Glaciers of the Arpisson, giving the purpose of point to the same base of departure for the Edge N-NE or of the Three Parish Priests also Abbots, for the Black Triangle, for all the streets of the Wall North and also for the Crest W-NW, from the 2000 Year "Via Ferrata". It will serve only so instead for this last, not having sense some for the slope to he Becca di Nona as soon as few more than 200 meters far.
Paradoxically, because every Living is in more contradiction with himself that not with the others, but so much is of it that us this night we sleep to the open one and when this arrives we look him at a few with envy, you could climb on him yesterday, instead that ugly night rolling us on the bad, rustic & simply tables gathered to the best to make place to four people; because I am there, besides Camillo Roberto Ferronato, companion of the four year-old slope or are, also the Friends Sandrino Casalegno also called "Lupetto" (= Little Wolf) and Maurice Castellan. Three of "Feleunna" and one of Jovencan, that doesn't allow the rhyme, but a good assonance results. When we will reenter to late evening, after having climbed Northerly the in a day of very strong wind that feeds the "machine guns", with continuosly fall of rocks, of the wall for over two hours and, after the descent for the Crest East and relative Turn of the Emilius backwards from East towards West, the

M. Emilius (3559 m.) parete...
Curtain III Emilius North Face New & Direct Route 1980
Northern flank
Curtain III Em. North Wall New & Superdirect Route 1984
M.Emilius (3559 m.)...


I Camp out it is it, systematized on the hill and it seems to smile us at the dark of the night taking around us.

Us, Poor Deadly (I am me taut the "so-called ones", also balls, staying in head for the whole ascension) we transit for recovering the materials left near the I Camp out around Midnight and, perhaps rolled by the Work, we feel the giggles of it. But not for Camille, alias RAMBO I°, because him, fresh newly-wed, has to be to supper Absssolutelityyyy from his Mother-in-law for the hours 19'00s and, very brief standstill in Peak, falls later down him for the East Crest to great leaps, impressive to see. In less than half time, The gones down the 500 meters of crest, we see him from the peak, where idly we stop enjoying us the deserved Relax, in vertical on the East Wall to race crossing the Glacier Blantsette in the base of the same, as to Madman. After an almost tragic flight wanting to go down (dissuaded in advance for this descent more quick but more and more dangerous and perhaps or already certainly impracticable) directly from the Blantsette Pass, grazing the Black Triangle on the underlying Oriental Glacier of the Arpisson, he will succeed in the enterprise, as it will tell us the day I approach.

POWER of the LOVE!!!


^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ From left or North-northeast the hemi circular watershed of Arpisson's Tall Basin: Becca of Seneva, Peck(c)oz Pass, Tete Blantsette and homonym Collar, Black Triangle of The EMILIUS's (3559m), with NORTH FACE (of 700 meters~), Little Emilius and the FEDERIGO ZULLO BIVOUAC (2907m), near the CARREL PASS (outline right, between Becca di Nona and Mount Ròss of Comboé), on the West-northwest Arête at Mount Emilius. In midst the Arpisson's Eastern Glacier over the walloon with the same placename, the East-Northeast Crest of Becca and the beginning of East Wall.




^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Il BIVACCO FEDERIGO ZULLO al COLLE CARREL e la Parete Nord dell'Emilius

Son poc'oltre le ore 9'00 del 28 di Luglio 1984, quando un rumoraccio assordante ci sveglia nel nostro più che rudimentale rifugio, o meglio "nascondiglio". Le pale di un mastodontico mostro aereo appaion per la prima volta sopra il Colle Carrel, come una gigantesca incombente Libellula sospesa nello Spazio. Un grande uccello di ferro che solleva e trasporta una "boite" o scatola argentata. Il suo rumore è assordante e l'Eco che rinvia la Parete Nord dell'Emilius è fragoroso svegliandoci in modo brusco dal nostro dolce dormiveglia. Spostando i sacchi di cemento, utilizzati per cuscino, e le quattro tavole, residuo del Rifugio dei Guardiacaccia del Barone Beck Peck(c)oz nell'Ottocento; tutto ciò che è rimasto di quelle Antiche Vestigia, che eppure ci hanno dato riparo per quasi metà della Notte, perché siam saliti a tarda serata, causa gli appuntamenti lavorativi (ero impegnato nell'allenamento serale di pallamano alle mie ragazze, quindi di corsa a casa a preparare lo zaino).
Eppure fino alla metà degli Anni Settanta, all'epoca delle nostre scorribande sull'allora incontaminata Cresta Ovest-nordovest oggi ridotta a "ferraglia", era ancora in piedi, anche se già denotava alcuni cedimenti abbastanza vistosi nella parte Settentrionale (vedi foto del 1976).
Barcollando usciamo allo scoperto, per modo di dire perché già eravam "en plein air"; l'elicottero, roteando le sue grandi pale, simile ad un uccello starnazzante, lentamente cala il suo pacco in una piazzola, appena a monte ed a Est del Passo. Ah già! Noi oggi siam qui per questo. Per celebrare la posa del Bivacco Federigo Zullo la Guida Enrico Mauro mi ha chiesto di scalare per l'occasione la Parete Nord, da me già salita il 31 del Mese di Agosto 1980, per una Via Nuova e più Diretta rispetto a quelle di Amilcare Crétier and Company del 1926 e 27.
Così per la seconda volta “corriamo” la Pista del Grande Amilcare, che non é il Padre di Annibale il Cartaginese, bensì un ottimo alpinista della Valle d’Aosta originario della Cittadina di Verrès, caduto molto giovane sul Cervino insieme ad Antonio Gaspard ed a Basilio Ollietti, dopo aver aperto una Via Nuova sul suo Spallone o Pic Tyndall lungo la Cresta De Amicis, nel giorno 08 del Mese di Luglio del 1933. Giovanissimo aveva per primo insieme a Lino Binel ed all'Accademico Renato Chabod, affrontato la Parete Settentrionale dell’Emilius, ancora vergine, come d'altronde l'Est che sarà conquistata da quest'ultimo insieme al Giusto Gervasutti "Il Fortissimo", nel 26 del Mese di Giugno dell'Anno 1935 (che é la data del mio compleanno!). Successo ottenuto dopo la Grande Disgrazia del 1929, dove sulla stessa perirono gli altrettanto molto giovani Fratelli Alessandro, o meglio conosciuto come "Dino", Charrey insieme a Jean e con Cino Norat (vedi appresso i capitoli connessi sulla Est dell'Emilius e sulla Corsa alla Parete Nord delle Grandes Jorasses).
Ed anche la Grande Guida "Angelino" Bozzetti con l'altra Guida della Valpelline Pietro Rosset, meglio conosciuto come "Piero", nel 1960, presero le mosse da questo piccolo rifugio per vincere in Prima Ascensione Assoluta il temibile Triangolo Nero (3378 metri), grande avancorpo strapiombante di 400 metri precipitante sopra il Ghiacciaio Orientale dell'arpisson, e posto tra lo Spigolo N-NE e la Parete Nord dell'Emilius. Per la seconda volta il DESTINO ci'accomuna alle partenze notturne o di primo mattino di questi Grandi.

monte Emilius (3559 m.)...
<b><font color=green>EMILIUS</font > and <font color=green>NONA s BECCA<font color=blue> <i>North Walls</i></font></b>
On the N face of monte Emilius <i>(3559m)</i><br> about 450 meters from the bergschrund
North sides of Triangolo Nero...
During the second ascent of the Direttissima route to the N face of Monte Emilius  <i>3559m</i>


Ma quella prima volta, per noi, sussisteva ancora una parvenza di ricovero con le ultime "frangie" Meridionali ancor in piedi e due travicelle mezze bruciacchiate che sorreggevano quattro lose in pietra, penzolanti e pericolanti sopra le nostre teste. Pur allora, arrivati a notte fonda con un tempaccio, avevamo potuto effettuare, Roby ed io, un sonnellino protetti da queste vetuste rovine, ed all'alba, acceso un focherello con i resti di alcune tavolacce e scolata una "butta" di buon whisky, mentre imperversava la tormenta di neve (tant'oggi con questo tempaccio non combineremo un bel tubo di niente), ci portammo lentamente alla base della Nord (sempre per le ore 10'00), che neppure si intravvedeva, visto i nuvolosi incombenti sulla medesima. Va bene facciamo due o tre tiri di corda e ce ne torniamo "lemme lemme" Chez-Nous (= a Casa). Nel transito dal "Rifugio" Beck Peckoz alla parete uno squarcio improvviso tra le nubi con l'apparire fugace di un fazzoletto azzurro di cielo ci avava dato qualche speranziella in più di poter effettuare la salita, subito controbilanciata dalla visione della parete completamente ricoperta dalla neve e ghiacciata, tale da apparire come l'Ama Dablam. Se son rose fioriranno … Invece, anche se avvolti dalle nuvole e con pessime conzioni, salimmo i suoi quasi 700 metri aprendo una Via Nuova e più Diretta, più a sinistra della Crétier e vicino al Triangolo Nero. Noi quattro, invece, siamo dei pigroni (anche perché, come nel 1980, siamo saliti di notte ed il nostro, più che un bivacco, deve esser considerata come una breve sosta notturna per un'ascensione in pratica effettuata in giornata con partenza da Pila) e così, come quattr'anni orsono, ci portiamo all'attacco della parete, che son oltre le ore 10'00 mattutine. Tanto Amilcare aveva detto e scritto che, nonostante le apparenze, non un sol sasso s'era mosso nelle sue due salite del '26/'27 e la nostra precedente salita lo aveva "pienamente confermato in pieno". Solo un particolarino: nell’Agosto del 1980 in nottata aveva nevicato e tutt'era ghiacciato … , nonché bello liscio come una "biglia da bigliardo" o, più "elegantemente, come un'elegante patinoire".
Ma cosa vuole questo rompiscatole d'un elicottero, ... si dormiva sì bene, anzi ci si er'appena assopiti. E ci vengono in mente i Silenzi Assoluti degli Anni Venti e Trenta, rotti solo dal soffiare solitario e solingo del vento e dal rantolo soffocato di una Marmotta, che Amilcar aveva catturato nei pressi del Rifugio dei Peck(c)oz e che, infilata nello zaino, insieme a lui LEI, aveva compiuto la Prima Ascensione Assoluta e Completa della Parete Nord, perché l'anno precedente insieme al Renato ed al Lino avevano dovuto deviare sullo Spigolo dei Tre Abati o, meglio, Curati, a causa degli scivoli terminali tutti in ghiaccio vivo, o cosiddetti in "verglass". Che bei tempi. Per noi invece l'Era della Tecnologia ci riserva questo risveglio assordante e fastidioso! Anche al Colle Carrel si è conclusa l'Epoca del Silenzio, quello vero della Montagna, dove, guardando sopra la tua testa il Cielo Notturno, ti senti disperso, ma anche facente parte dei Sideral Abissi … 
33 ROUTES OF MONTE EMILIUS (3559m)
Mountain Guide "Angelino" Bozzetti/Angelo Bozzetti, vincitore del Triangolo Nero 1960

Per l'occasione ed invitate a farlo, un altro gruppo con due cordate di Fénis e Saint Marcel, condotte dall'amico Battista Pieiller,contemporaneamente scalerà lo Spigolo N-NE sul filo del Triangolo Nero. Il tutto sarà filmato da un elicottero dell'organizzazione, che invece non potrà eseguire il progetto viste le cattive condizioni meteorologiche.
Non ero e non sono d'accordo per il posizionamento dello stesso in questo posto ed, allorché Enrico mi chiese a suo tempo un suggerimento, mi ero espresso a favore di una piccola conoide morenica sottostante la Nord, proprio alla congiunzione dei due Ghiacciai Occidentale ed Orientale di Arpisson, dando allo stesso lo scopo di punto base di partenza per lo Spigolo N-NE o conosciuto come dei Tre Curati, per il Triangolo Nero, per tutte le vie della Parete Nord ed anche per la Cresta O-NO, dal 2000 divenuta Via Ferrata. Così invece servirà solo per questa ultima, non avendo senso alcuno per la salita alla Becca di Nona, appena poco più di 200 metri distante.
Paradossalmente, perché ogni Vivente é in contraddizione più con se stesso che non con gli altri, ma tanto ne è che noi questa notte dormiamo all'aperto e quando questo arriva lo guardiamo un pò con invidia. Potevan montarlo ieri, invece che brutta notte rotolandoci sulle dure e rustiche tavolacce raggruppate alla meglio per fare posto a quattro persone; perché ci sono, oltre a Camillo Roberto Ferronato, compagno della salita di quattro anni or sono, anche gli Amici Sandrino Casalegno detto "Lupetto" e Maurizio Castellan. Tre di "Feleunna" ed uno di Jovencan, che non consente la rima, ma risulta una buona assonanza. Quando rientreremo a tarda sera, dopo aver scalato la Nord in una giornata di vento molto forte che alimenta ininterrottamente le "mitragliatrici" della parete con scariche violente per oltre due ore e, dopo la discesa per la Cresta Est e relativo Giro dell'Emilius alla rovescia da Est ad Ovest, il

Bivacco è la, belle che sistemato sul colle e sembra sorriderci nel buio della notte prendendoci in giro.


Noi, Poveri Mortali (mi sono tirato le cosiddette restando in testa per tutta l'ascensione) transitiamo per là, per recuperare i materiali lasciati nei pressi del Bivacco, intorno alla Mezzanotte e, forse stralunati dalla Fatica, ne sentiamo i risolini. Ma non per Camillo, alias RAMBO I°, perchè lui, fresco sposino, deve essere a cena Asssolutamenteeee dalla Suocera per le ore 19'00 e, dopo molto breve sosta in Vetta, si precipita giù per la Cresta Est a grandi balzi, impressionanti da vedere. In meno di mezz'ora, scesi i 500 metri di cresta, lo vediamo dalla Cima, dove noi oziosamente sostiamo godendoci il meritato Relax, in verticale sulla Parete Est correre attraversando il Ghiacciaio Blantsette alla base della medesima, come un Forsennato. Dopo un quasi tragico volo volendo scendere (sconsigliato in anticipo per questa più rapida, ma alquanto più pericolosa e forse impraticabile discesa) direttamente dal Col Blantsette rasentando il Triangolo Nero sul sottostante Ghiacciaio Orientale dell'Arpisson, riuscirà nell'impresa, come ci racconterà il giorno appresso.

POTERE dell'AMORE!!!

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ EXIT OUT with BADWEATHER, August 31th, 1980


Emilius s NORTH WALL Exit Out 1980
MONTE EMILIUS after North Face 1980

The "dangerous" VALLON of the "Cordagnì", Kingdom of HUNTERS of Tall Mountain & POACHERS

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ At the entrance in Martsaoutsy Dèsott & near Carrel Hill & from Becca's Summit of Wildlife & Savage Arpisson's Vallon since the beginning of Sixties to end of Eighties


The First Summit: Becca in September 03th, 1964
From  the wartime wreckcages to plastic s ERA 1965/6?
Direct and Hard Descent from Arpisson s Western Glacier to Sources of Mount Emilius July 1965
Emilius s in the SUMMIT and Surr. EMO & SUGG CARREL Pass   ARMEDS    !!!
Becca to Emilius s Sources on Arpisson Walloon 1965


^ ^ ° ° ^ ^ The "DANGEROUS" Vallon of the "Cordagnì", frequented by HUNTERS of Tall Mountain & POACHERS


* ° * ° * ° The vallon has also called from the hunters and from the poachers on the spot "Le Cordagnì" also "Le Cordagnë" (= The Cobbler, from a spike of the he Pecks at of Seneva that, whereas wound by the clouds, it resembles you showing the bent artisan on its job; known observation very well in the Commune of Grand Brissogne), that use the term "passer the Cordagnì" to explain their transit to the inside and in the tall part, where he is seen them, in their idiom, "binocolare" or to use the binoculars. But few, and nothing, has remained luckily almost of these epic struggles with the small camions and the "Bees Piaggio", that saw out to go out, after awful hunting, the stately ones and you give horns. You don't risk you in this without the due precautions (eyes well opened always!), because you could come upon you in hunters an a little distracted: of however it is what it notices and published on the national daily paper, to his time, that the President of the Hunters of the Valley of Aosta, the dear friend Charles, has shot to a cow killing to have it to her "exchanged" with a steinbock!

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Near Superior Arpisson's Alp (2005/10m), below Emilius's North Face



&&&


From "33 ROUTES OF MONTE EMILIUS (3559m)" always in SP, Section n° 9 oppure PART E:


"1997
(Oct. 09th): "Or basis of Hunters (des Chasseurs)"; from Ponteilles/Dard - Morion Alps to Arpisson Valley; in day from Ponteilles Alp - Morion Alp(ruins) - Plan Croix Alp (ruins) - Arpisson Alp - Cordannier (or Cordagnë) or basis of Arête (of Becca di Seneva) - Peckoz Pass - Arpisson E and W Glaciers - Carrel Pass and Federigo Zullo Bivouac - Gros Scez-Comboé to Ponteilles Alp; (Diego Bollon, Remo Bollon and Comé Stefano: ..."Partiti da Ponteille settacciato Morion, ripartiti per ARPISSON, settacciato niente, ripartiti fatto il CORDANNIER cresta arrivati col Pecoz - una lunga binocolata alle LOR - niente - ripartiti fatto tutta l'attraversata del ghiacciaio dell'EMILIUS - arrivati contenti alle ore 16.30 al BIVACCO FEDERICO - CARREL ."..., of Charvensod d'en Haut) r. or basis 17".

***

 Becca s  Oriental Face to Arpisson s Vallon
 
Phantasmagoric Arpisson s Walloon
 
Avalanche of 500 metres from Becca s Tooth to Arpisson Alp May 11th, 2006 hours 11  40
 


GREAT AVALANCHE of 500 metres into ARPISSON's VALLON from the TOOTH 2736 meters of NONA's BECCA (3142 meters),

by emilius .


***

With translation




: ..." Departed by Ponteille Alpage and Waterfall sifted and searched the Morion Alp and pastures, left again for ARPISSON VALLON, combed and sieved the whole area done nothing, leaved again the CORDANNIER Crest arrived with the Pecoz (Peckoz exactly; note by translater.) - to long "binocolata" (= by binoculars) to the LOR (Laures just precilely; n.b.t.) - nothing - left again fact all crosses him of the Eastern Glacier of the EMILIUS - arrived happy to the hours 16h'30 to the Bivouac FEDERIGO - nearby the CARREL PASS." ...

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
To Arpisson's Vallon and Tall Alp, with an "angry & rabid" Mount Emilius (3559m)



&&&


from "Emilius's in the SUMMIT and Surroundings EMOTIONS & SUGGESTIONS", published in SP, Section n° 2 also PART B or more specifically "A THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED EIGHTY SEVEN (since 1223 until 2010 at present DAY) EMO, SUGG, FACTS, EVENTS & HISTORYS in EMILIUS's Mountain CHAIN":


150)-: August 02th, 1906. THE EMOTION/PASSION of the ABBOT-HUNTER-MOUNTAINEER BOVET, DOUES's PRIEST / L'ESPLOSIVA EMOZIONE del CACCIATORE PREVALE sull'ALPINISTA
EMILIUS's NE RIDGE & NORTH EDGE: " ... Decidiamo allora di risalire sulla cresta per scavalcare questo "gendarme" oppure per girarlo ad est; quand'ecco apparire sulla cresta stessa cui noi tendiamo
dodici bellissimi stambecchi, taluni con le corna maestose, i quali illuminati dal sole, si affacciano un momento a guardarci con curiosità. L'EMOZIONE di Pantaléon BOVET é impressionante e tralascio di descriverla: tutto il suo passato di cacciatore si desta in lui; abbiamo creduto per un momento che egli volesse slanciarsi a corsa folle su per le rocce. Fremeva di desiderio e modulava le più dolci esclamazioni di meraviglia, chiamando le bestie coi nomi più strani, tra un ansimare violento del suo petto capace ... Intanto le dodici bestie, stupite per quella violazione di domicilio, si erano slanciate in fuga ... "
o RM C.A.I.-Magazine 1907, by Engineer Nino Tofani, page 49. Edit. Italian Alpine Club 1907.
oo "Le Raye di Solei", by Abbot Joseph Marie Henry, pages 11 and 109. Edit. Montes Torino in Turin, 1935.
ooo "Guida del Monte Emilius", by Osvaldo Cardellina, page 129. Edit. O. Cardellina in Aosta, Dec. 1978.


With translation


: ... "The explosive Emotion of the Hunter Prevails on the mountain climber EMILIUS's NORTHEAST RIDGE & NORTH EDGE":... We decide then to go up again on the crest to climb over this "gendarme" or to turn it to East; when here is to appear on the same crest which we extend twelve beautiful ibexes, some with the stately horns, which illuminated by the sun, they lean out a moment to look us with curiosity. The emotion of Pantaléon BOVET is impressive and I skips to describe it: everything of its past of hunter wakes up in him; we have believed for a moment that he wanted to throw above himself to insane run for the rocks. It quivered of desire and it modulated the sweetest exclamations of wonder, calling the beasts with the strangest names, among a to pant violent of his able breast... Meanwhile the twelve beasts, you surprise for that unlawful entry, they were fling in escape... "

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


For wich thing and motive this savage, splendid, tiresome, uncontaminated, seeds abandoned by the Men and by GOD, but he again true Heaven of the NATURE in his more primordial, as well as genuine spressionis, it mostly becomes dangerous, over that for the avalanches and the frequent spring slavines to transit of these "Tartarini" armed up to the teeth and violent against the defenseless animals. But the Emilius Mountain watches over careful. And opportune to time, to get further them from his regal crests and from severe his walls, makes to roll casting downward gigantic stones or even machinegunnings that leftly echoes roaring in the whole valley. The eagle, lifting himself from his nest on the Oriental slope of the Becca of Seneva and the Testa (= Head) Blantsette, it hovers him bossy in stately flight and it also launches her his cry of terrible warning, already preceded by the sentinel whistle of the marmot. Then all keeps silent. And the SILENCE returns sovereign in the whole vallon, only caressed by the light hiss of the wind.

* * ° * * °

Emilius s North Wall Direct Route & Arpisson Walloon
Emilius s North Face Direct Route & Arpisson


^ ° ^ ° ^ ° Il "PERIGLIOSO" Vallone del "Cordagnì", battuto da "CACCIADOR" d'Alta Montagna e BRACCONIERI


* * ° * * ° Il vallone é anche chiamato dai valligiani, nonché da cacciatori e bracconieri in loco "Le Cordagnì" od anche "Le "Cordagnë" (= Il Calzolaio, da uno spuntone della Becca di Seneva che, laddove avvolto dalle nuvole, vi rassomiglia mostrando l'artigiano ricurvo ed intento sul suo lavoro; osservazione conosciuta molto bene nel Comune di Grand Brissogne), che utilizzano il termine "passer le Cordagnì" per spiegare il loro transito all'interno e nella parte alta, ove li si vede, nel lor dire, "binocolare". Ma poco, e per fortuna quasi nulla, è rimasto di queste epiche lotte con i camioncini e le "Api Piaggio", che vedevano sballonzolare fuori le maestose e regali corna. Non vi avventurate in questo senza le dovute precauzioni (occhi sempre bene aperti!), perché potreste imbattervi in cacciatori un pò distratti: d'altronde è cosa nota e pubblicata, all'epoca sui quotidiani nazionali, come il Presidente dei Cacciatori della Valle d'Aosta, il caro amico Carlo, abbia sparato ad una mucca uccidendola avendola "scambiata" per uno stambecco!

Da "33 ROUTES OF MONTE EMILIUS (3559m)" sempre in SP, Sezione n° 9 o PART E:


"1997
(Oct. 09th): "Or basis of Hunters (des Chasseurs o Itinerario di base dei Cacciatori)"; da Ponteilles/Dard - Alpe del Morion al Vallone dell'Arpisson; in giornata dall'Alpeggio di Ponteilles ed omonima Cascata - Antica Alpe del Morion (rovine) - Plan Croix Alp (resti) - Arpisson Alp - Cordannier (oppure, e meglio, Le Cordagnë o le Cordagnì) altrimenti conosciuto dagli stessi come percorso basale dell'Arête (o Crestone della Becca di Seneva proveniente dal Mont Père Saint Laurant e risalente sino alla Vetta dell'Emilius) - Colletto Peck(c)oz - Arpisson Est ed Ovest Ghiacciai - Colle Carrel e Federigo Zullo Bivacco - bivio di Gros Scez verso Comboé ed in direzione della Cascata e dell'Alpeggio di Ponteilles; (Diego Bollon, Remo Bollon e Comé Stefano: ..."Partiti da Ponteille settacciato Morion,ripartiti per ARPISSON, settacciato niente, ripartiti fatto il CORDANNIER cresta arrivati col Pecoz - una lunga binocolata alle LOR - niente - ripartiti fatto tutta l'attraversata del ghiacciaio dell'EMILIUS - arrivati contenti alle ore 16.30 al BIVACCO FEDERICO - CARREL ."..., di Alto Charvensod) r. or basis 17".




Per la qual cosa si selvaggio, splendido, ostico, incontaminato, semi abbandonato dagli Uomini e da DIO, ma ancor vero Paradiso della NATURA nelle sue spressioni più primordiali, nonché genuine, diventa maggiormente periglioso, oltre che per le valanghe e le frequenti slavine primaverili per il transitar di questi "Tartarini" fino ai denti armati e scatenati contro gli animali indifesi. Ma l'Emilius vigila attento. Ed a tempo opportuno, per allontanarli dalle sue regali creste e dalle sue severe pareti, fa rotolar scagliando verso il basso giganteschi pietroni od addirittura mitragliate che echeggiano sinistramente rombando nella valle. L'aquila, alzandosi dal suo nido sul versante Orientale della Seneva e della Blantsette, si libra prepotente in volo maestoso e lancia pur lei il suo grido di terribile monito, già preceduto dal fischio da scolta della marmotta. Poi tutto tace. Ed il SILENZIO ritorna sovrano in tutto il vallone, solo accarezzato dal sibilo leggero del vento.

e da

"Emilius's in the SUMMIT and Surroundings EMOTIONS & SUGGESTIONS", pubblicato in SP, Sezione n° 2 oppure PART B e più specificatamente "A THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED EIGHTY SEVEN (since 1223 until 2010 at present DAY) EMO, SUGG, FACTS, EVENTS & HISTORYS in EMILIUS's Mountain CHAIN":


150)-: August 02th, 1906. THE EMOTION/PASSION of the ABBOT-HUNTER-MOUNTAINEER BOVET, DOUES's PRIEST / L'ESPLOSIVA EMOZIONE del CACCIATORE PREVALE sull'ALPINISTA
EMILIUS's NE RIDGE & NORTH EDGE: " ... Decidiamo allora di risalire sulla cresta per scavalcare questo "gendarme" oppure per girarlo ad est; quand'ecco apparire sulla cresta stessa cui noi tendiamo
dodici bellissimi stambecchi, taluni con le corna maestose, i quali illuminati dal sole, si affacciano un momento a guardarci con curiosità. L'EMOZIONE di PANTALéON BOVET é impressionante e tralascio di descriverla: tutto il suo passato di cacciatore si desta in lui; abbiamo creduto per un momento che egli volesse slanciarsi a corsa folle su per le rocce. Fremeva di desiderio e modulava le più dolci esclamazioni di meraviglia, chiamando le bestie coi nomi più strani, tra un ansimare violento del suo petto capace ... Intanto le dodici bestie, stupite per quella violazione di domicilio, si erano slanciate in fuga ... "
o RM C.A.I.-Magazine 1907, by Engineer Nino Tofani, page 49. Edit. Italian Alpine Club 1907.
oo "Le Raye di Solei", by Abbot Joseph Marie Henry, pages 11 and 109. Edit. Montes Torino in Turin, 1935.
ooo "Guida del Monte Emilius", by Osvaldo Cardellina, page 129. Edit. O. Cardellina in Aosta, Dec. 1978.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Towards Arpisson's Vallon between

SACRE




& and &

PROFANE




The INFINITE TRAIL of the IBEX

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ The KING

of the

ALPS




Here they macaws to boss around on their Kingdom: the Emilius Mountain, included the vertical East Wall above the Glacier Blantsette in the Vallon of the Laures, as well as the dismal Wall North and its stately and dark Black Triangle overhanging around two Glaciers Oriental and Western of the Arpisson; it is recurrent to find them, coming from these same walloons, in to certain period in the summer (revealable not!), in the steep grassy-morainic slant that from the ruins of the Morion's very Ancient Pasture or, quietly stretched out to the sun to do "siesta" on the Hill of Salé in the Subgroup of the Roises. Sign of an old pasture as the man and by now had been abandoning for long time, on which more the happy ringing of the herds of cows doesn't resound) salt toward the basal clog of the North Wall of the "Becca". Also the cry of the "Baccan" (= from noise or shepherd of the herd, that it made noise in to call his beasts back) he has been silent, cancelling the panel of a remote, fair and legendary mountainous life of "alpage" in elevated mountain and the relative ECHO, coming from the box of resonance formed by the great wall. Then the "platoons" of ibexes, to manner of flock of wolves ,"they ferry" again in contrary sense as Swiss clocks, toward the Arpisson's Walloon and they place him on the N-NE Edge of the Emilius (often in peak to the horrid and vertical Black Triangle of the Emilius 3378 meters.), from the tall one of which they observe mistrustful, exposing their stately horns to climb on the crest these intruders of mountain climbers. As it happened in the first sighting of the three Abbots Louis "Jean" Bonin, Pantaléon Bovet, Joseph Marie Henry and of the Engineer Nino Tofani, in the first slope of August 2 th of 1906.With a pinch of imagination, you could also observe them to You caracoling among the two Walls North and East, to cross the two Glaciers Western and Oriental of the Arpisson, under the imposing Wall North of the Emilius with his terrible Black Triangle, to reach the fatiguing, tiresome and rocky one With the Peckoz near Seneva's Becca, to go up again to the Becca of the Boucs (= he Pecks at some Steinbocks) or Testa a will Blantsette (= Head of the Straw capillata, difficult graminacea to mow him graminacea difficult to mow and therefore it doesn't have any connection with the French blanche or white) and to climb, hacked against the sky with inimitable ability "alpine" and elegance, on the splendid one and indented edge; Parish Priest Bovet's breast inflated him for the excess excitement, to such it approves, sending forth every sort of exclamation trasumante and trasudante all of its passion of hunter, calling them through a series of "gridolini" (= little and tiny cheers) and with every type of possible and unimaginable appellatives. But, for charity, do never tell him the hunters!! Someone of them has already come to stroll about at the base of the wall, but, not knowing the exact season, went with the bagpipes to the sack!!! … Everything has been equal, immovable and unchanged as if the time was eternally arrested, in the ex Reserve of the Baron Beck Peckoz and actual ownership of the Turati Marquis. The eternity "silent uproar", as well as the magic "andarivieni" (= comings & goings) of the "stambecchi" marks, what pits the pendulum, the time of the two monolithic clocks of the "Pecks at of the Ninth Time" and of the Emilius and of their crests and walls, while in the neighbor and rarely frequented Chain of the Great Roise (3357 meters) their Kingdom is Absolute and they looks, almost with contempt and bother, that rare mountain climber that dare to cross the limits and their confinements. > They macaws the "cuginastri" (= bad cousins) of the Stainbocks of the Emilius and, with to rougher air and" servadza" (= wild), dominated they the whole crest watershed from he Pecks at it of Salé to the ancient one "he "Pecks at of Leppy", where you often find them on the steep rocks beside the Normal Route or South-southeast Crest, above the With the Vallonet. Or they walk on the Great Oriental Shoulder of the Point Garzotto (3274 meters) looking toward the House of Hunting of Great Chaux, where they know that their nume guardian or the Gamekeeper, observe them and protect them, as it told us Osvaldo Pianfetti the 29 of September of 1994 in the day of the positioning of the Cross. The females come down with their small verse the spellbound Valley of the Laures with his three beautiful green lakes as emeralds and very blue/azur as the sky, residual of the ancient Glacier of the Roizes that wants then to say glacier, through a great rocky channel among the Little Roise (3273 metres) es the two Points Gianni Junod or Central Roise (3300 meters), very steep and boxed among the walls and that the poachers know very well having been baptizing it for long time "La Tzenaille des Fémalles", or "The Ibexes Females's Gully". This way it told says Giovanni Matteo Zulian "Agostino" of Luin Fraction of the Grand Brissogne, kingdom of fearless Hunters of the Alp; but from this Summer "Agostino" there is not more. We like to see to climb him, almost racing behind the prey, on the steep rocky plates of the Wall Northwest of the Pecks at of Salé or "the Salì", as he said, of which any book has ever written that he has climbed her for first and alone. Or, from the opposite part, to cross the steep ones "barmes" (= grassy-rocky ledges and centers of shelter and refuge for the night of chamoises and steinbocks) some Oriental Slope of the Pecks at of Seneva or still "to cut" the Wall Southeast of the Emilius in its half transferring himself from the Crest of the Three Capuchins to that of Brissogne or East Ridge. Others, as it tells Sergio Pession from his slope for the East Wall of the Great Roise with recovery of shot cartridges, also challenging the Gamekeeper they crossed to half coast the horrendous Oriental Walls of the Chain of the Roises in an eternity to wander about, without destination or line of preset slope because this to them nothing cared, "raking up" crest for crest and hole for hole, in that ancient struggle as the man and suspended between

the LIFE and the DEATH on the BORDER of the GOOD and the EVIL...

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ The KINGS

of the Watershed from Leppe's, Vallonet's, Laval's, Gianni's Vert, Tessonet's and TERSIVA's Points




Eccoli spadroneggiare sul loro Regno: il Monte Emilius, compresa la verticale Parete Est sopra il Ghiacciaio Blantsette nel Vallone delle Laures, nonché la tetra Parete Nord ed il suo maestoso e scuro Triangolo Nero precipitanti sui due Ghiacciai Orientale ed Occidentale dell'Arpisson; è ricorrente trovarli, provenienti da questi stessi valloni, in un certo periodo dell'estate (non svelabile!), nel ripido pendio erboso-morenico che dalle rovine dell'Alpe del Morion o, tranquillamente sdraiati al sole far "siesta" sul Colle di Salé nel Sottogruppo delle Roises. Segno di un pascolo antico quanto l'uomo ed ormai abbandonato da lungo tempo, sul quale più non riecheggia l'allegro scampanio delle mandrie di vacche, sale verso lo zoccolo basale della Parete Nord della Becca. Anche il grido del "Baccan" (= da baccano o pastore della mandria, che faceva chiasso nel richiamare le sue bestie) è rimasto silente, cancellando il riquadro di una remota, leggiadra e leggendaria vita alpestre di pascolo in elevata montagna ed il relativo eco, proveniente dalla cassa di risonanza formata dalla grande parete. Poi i "plotoni" di stambecchi, a guisa di branco di lupi, "traghettano" nuovamente in senso contrario, come orologi svizzeri, verso il Vallone dell'Arpisson e si piazzano sullo Spigolo N-NE dell'Emilius (spesso in vetta al Triangolo Nero dell'Emilius 3378 m.), dall'alto del quale osservano diffidenti, esponendo le loro maestose corna, salire sulla cresta questi intrusi di alpinisti. Come avvenne nel primo avvistamento dei tre Curati Louis "Jean" Bonin, Pantaleone Bovet, Joseph Maria Henry e dell'Ingegnere Nino Tofani, nella prima salita del 2 Agosto 1906. Con un pizzico di fantasia, anche Voi li potreste osservare caraccollanti tra le due Pareti Nord ed Est, attraversare i due Ghiacciai Occidentale ed Orientale dell'Arpisson, sotto l'imponente Parete Nord dell'Emilius con il suo verticale Triangolo Nero, raggiungere il faticoso, ostico e roccioso Col Peckoz presso la Becca di Seneva, risalire alla Becca des Boucs (= Becca degli Stambecchi) o Testa Blantsette (= Testa della Festuca capillata, graminacea difficile a falciarsi graminacea difficile da falciare e quindi non ha alcuna attinenza con il francese blanche ovvero bianco) ed arrampicarsi, stagliati contro il cielo con impareggiabile abilità "alpinistica" ed eleganza, sullo splendido e dentellato spigolo; il petto dell'Abate Bovet si gonfiò per l'eccitazione a dismisura, a tal vista, emettendo ogni sorta di esclamazione trasumante e trasudante tutta la sua passione di cacciatore, chiamandoli tramite una serie di gridolini e con ogni tipo di appellativi possibili ed inimmaginabili. Ma, per carità, non ditelo giammai ai cacciatori!! Già qualcuno di loro é venuto a gironzolare alla base della parete, ma, non conoscendo la stagione esatta, se ne andò con le pive nel sacco!!! … Tutto é rimasto uguale, immobile ed immutato come se il tempo si fosse eternamente arrestato, nell'ex Riserva del Barone Beck Peckoz ed attuale proprietà del Marchese Turati. L'eterno "silenzioso trambusto", nonché il magico andarivieni degli stambecchi segna, quale fosse il pendolo, il tempo dei due monolitici orologi della Becca dell'Ora Nona e dell'Emilius e delle loro creste e pareti, mentre nella vicina e raramente frequentata Catena della Grande Roise (3357 metri) il loro Regno é Assoluto e guardano, quasi con disprezzo e fastidio, quei rari alpinisti che osano varcar i limiti ed i loro confini. Sono i "cuginastri" degli Stambecchi dell'Emilius e, con un'aria più rozza e "servadza" (= selvaggia), dominano l'intera cresta spartiacque dalla Becca di Salé all'antica "Becca di Leppy", ove spesso li ritrovi sulle ripide rocce a fianco della Via Normale o Cresta S-SE, sopra il Col Vallonet. Oppure passeggiano sulla Grande Spalla Orientale della Punta Garzotto (3274 metri) guardando verso la Casa di Caccia di Grande Chaux, dove sanno che il loro nume tutore, ovvero il Guardiacaccia, li osserva e li protegge, come ci raccontò Osvaldo Pianfetti il 29 di Settembre del 1994 nel giorno del posizionamento della Croce. Le femmine discendono con i loro piccoli verso l'incantata Valle delle Laures con i suoi tre bellissimi laghi verdi come smeraldi, blù ed azzurrissimi com'il cielo, residuo dell'Antico Ghiacciaio delle Roizes che poi vuole dire ghiacciaio, tramite un canalone tra la Petite Roise (3273 metri)e le due Punte Gianni Junod o Roise Centrale (3300 metri), molto ripido ed incassato tra le pareti e che i bracconieri conoscono molto bene battezzandolo da lungo tempo "La Tzenaille des Fémalles", ovvero il Canalone delle Femmine. Così raccontava Giovanni Matteo Zulian detto "Agostino" di Luin Frazione del Grand Brissogne, regno di imperterriti Cacciatori dell'Alpe; ma da questa Estate "Agostino" non c'é più. Ci piace vederlo arrampicare, quasi correndo dietro alla preda, sulle ripide placche rocciose della Parete Nordovest della Becca di Salé o "del Salì, come lui diceva, della quale nessun libro ha mai scritto che lui l'ha salita per primo e da solo. Oppure, dalla parte opposta, attraversare le ripide "barmes" (= cengie erboso-rocciose e sedi di rifugio e riparo per la notte di camosci e stambecchi) del Versante Orientale della Becca di Seneva od ancora "tagliare" la Parete Sudest dell'Emilius nella sua metà trasferendosi dalla Cresta dei Tre Cappuccini a quella di Brissogne od Est. Altri, come racconta Sergio Pession dalla sua salita per la Parete Est della Grande Roise con ritrovamento di cartucce sparate, sfidando anche il Guardiacaccia, attraversavano a mezza costa le orrende Pareti Orientali della Catena delle Roises in un eterno girovagare, senza meta o linea di salita prefissata che questo a loro null'importava, "rastrellando" cresta per cresta e pertugio per pertugio, in quella lotta antica come l'Uomo e sospesa tra

la VITA e la MORTE sul CONFINE del BENE e del MALE ...

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ The INFINITE TRAIL

of STEINBOCKS

on the

EMILIUS's MOUNTAIN CHAIN



Th'enormous LANDSLIDE of 2000 FLOOD & Other



***


GREAT LANDSLIDE at the WESTERNER BASE "of" NORTH FACE "of" BECCA "of" NONA (3142m), by SalVal.

***

The GREAT LANDSLIDE of the FLOOD in October of 2000.


In the Year 2000 since Thursday 13th until Moonday 16th, cause the great flood that struck the whole Valley of Aosta, occurred an enormous landslide that, departing from a great fault to form of hole from letters, at the Western base of wall near the "clog", wide also 4 meters and long over 250 (in July of 1966 she was ascertained by the rope I. A. Garzotto-D. F. Cardellina-W. Ferronato, that had looked for at first to climb along the right sector of the wall, abdicating then you cause the precariousness of the rock, the presence of such wide earthy crevasse, then from the 20 to the 30 centimeters and along less than about twenty metres); the same descents in the bed of the ancient basal, of Northwest, couloir for over 700 meters with such a blow of double-bladed razor to devastate him completely, widening him than at least ten times and deepening him of almost the same. The same, reached the bed of the Comboé's Torrent inside the Walloon of the Dard, it upset the course of it and (formed a knapsack of water with material sundry near the Bridge of Rongachet 1100m about) exploding in the forenoon of the Sunday of October 15 th, 2000, it got depressed on the Fractions of Saint Bénin, Chenaux and Chèniere, just overlooking the Commune of Pollein, causing the downfall and the death of seven people of it, among which a child; widening himself to fan also struck the Fraction of Pian Felina for then to relieve himself in the River Dora Baltea.

GREAT LANDSLIDE at the WESTERNER BASE "of" NORTH FACE "of" BECCA "of" NONA (3142m), by emilius.

***



La GRANDE FRANA dell'ALLUVIONE nell'Ottobre del 2000.


Nell'Anno 2000 dal giovedì 13 al lunedì 16 Ottobre, causa la grande alluvione che colpì l'intera Valle d'Aosta, si verificò un'enorme frana che, partendo da una grande faglia a forma di buca da lettere, alla base occidentale della parete nelle vicinanze dello zoccolo, larga anche 4 metri e lunga oltre 250 (nel Luglio del 1966 fu constatato dalla cordata I. A. Garzotto-D. F. Cardellina-W. Ferronato, che dapprima aveva cercato di salire lungo il settore destro della parete, rinunciandovi poi causa la precarietà della roccia, la presenza di tale crepaccio terroso allora largo dai 20 ai 30 cm. e lungo meno di una ventina di metri); la stessa scese nel letto dell'antico canale per oltre 750 metri con una doppia rasoiata tale da devastarlo completamente, allargandolo di almeno dieci volte ed approfondendolo di quasi altrettanto. La stessa, raggiunto il letto del Torrente Comboé dentro il Vallone del Dard, ne sconvolse il corso ed (formata una sacca d'acqua con materiali varii presso il Ponte di Rongachet 1100 m circa) esplodendo nella mattinata della Domenica del 15 Ottobre 2000, si abbatté sulle Frazioni di Saint Bénin, Chenaux e Chèniere, soprastanti il Comune di Pollein, causandone la rovina e la morte di sette persone, tra le quali un bambino; allargandosi a ventaglio colpì anche la Frazione di Pian Felina per poi scaricarsi nel Fiume Dora Baltea.

***

DOES MA ALWAYS EXIST THE OLD ROCK GYM OF CHENAUX?


A last curiosity: the gym of rock of Chenaux is still used?
Good weekend Roberto--- On Sat Mar 10, 2012 04:28:50 AMs OsvaldoCardellina > wrote:---

DOES MA ALWAYS EXIST THE OLD ROCK GYM OF CHENAUX?

> > OK and Graces. > > The gym is not more usable, because they have > > demolished big part of the walls of the canyon for > to effect > > of the jobs of prevention and guardianship for the two villaggettis > > underlying; besides you have realized a series of > > obstructions in armed cement (they have a technical name that > in > > this moment in point of language), such to make > > difficult also the entry to the same one. Over > > to the aspect become abominable! I will speak of it > shortly > > in "Folklore etc." in the chapter concernente the Great one > Landslide. > > But you an anticipation: the underlying hillock not > it is > > is realized transporting material with the camionses, > on the contrary > > from Becca of Nona (but!) what in thousand and thousand of years, > with > > its natural discharges, have formed this great > conoide > > of defecation. Up to 50 years ago you isolated little eran > > constructions and the bed of the stream awry of the > inhabited > > it flowed sinuous in his natural river bed, rintenuto in his run > > from fit boulders to brake it of it runs after, Then, so that > to build > > the aqueduct, a beautiful open space is effected of > around > > 150 meters to mò of wide footstep; when in 2000 it is > happened > > the flood with it "burst" of the overhanging bridge > of > > Rongachet to quota 1100 metres around, the mass flies down > > meeting this spring board of throwing (just as > in the > > jump in long of the ski) in its run after it > fallen, > > that the houses are been swept away, not for > pressure > > frontal, but for compression and they are exploded as bombs. > With > > the known coseguenzes. In the year 1000 the ancient Village of > > Pollein rose on this conoide. Analogous phenomenon of it > it did > > to find again the bell tower in Gilds it, two more Kms to North > (from > > searches on ancient documents). This way they reconstructed > Pollein > > more in low and to the shelter and from old papers her > place > > it results as Ruine or Ruins, term rather used > also > > for other places marked by natural events > > disastrous and not as Chenaux & Chenières. To > conclusion: they will serve these "cages" to > > to hold the anger of the Mountain or... perhaps, and > better, > > it was not to build him colà. I will use this letter > for > > my job aforesaid. > > Again Hi, os. > > > >

MA ESISTE SEMPRE LA VECCHIA PALESTRA DI ROCCIA DI CHENAUX?

Un'ultima curiosità: la palestra di roccia di Chenaux è ancora
utilizzata?

Buon fine settimana

Roberto

--- On Sat Mar 10, 2012 04:28:50 AM OsvaldoCardellina
> wrote:---

MA ESISTE SEMPRE LA VECCHIA PALESTRA DI ROCCIA DI CHENAUX?

> OK e Grazie.
> > La palestra non é più utilizzabile, perché hanno
> > demolito gran parte delle pareti del canyon per
> effettuare
> > dei lavori di prevenzione e tutela per i due villaggetti
> > sottostanti; inoltre hanno realizzato una serie di
> > sbarramenti in cemento armato (hanno un nome tecnico che
> in
> > questo momento hò in punta di lingua), tali da rendere
> > difficoltoso anche l'ingresso alla medesima. Oltre
> > all'aspetto divenuto obbrobrioso! Ne parlerò
> prossimamente
> > in "Folklore etc." nel capitolo concernente la Grande
> Frana.
> > Ma ti dò un'anticipazione: la collinetta sottostante non
> é
> > stata realizzata trasportando materiale con i camions,
> bensì
> > dalla Becca di Nona (ma và!) che in migliaia e migliaia d'anni,
> con
> > le sue scariche naturali, ha formato questa grande
> conoide
> > di deiezione. Fino a 50 anni orsono v'eran poche isolate
> > costruzioni ed il letto del torrente a monte degli
> abitati
> > scorreva sinuoso nel suo alveo naturale, rintenuto nella
> sua corsa
> > da macigni atti a frenarne la rincorsa, Poi, onde
> costruire
> > l'acquedotto, s'é effettuata una bella spianata di
> circa
> > 150 metri a mò di larga pista; quando nel 2000 é
> avvenuta
> > l'alluvione con lo "scoppio" del soprastante ponticello
> di
> > Rongachet a quota 1100 m circa, la massa è volata giù
> > incontrando questo trampolino di lancio (proprio come
> nel
> > salto in lungo dello sci) nella sua corsa dopo la
> cascata,
> > tanté che le case sono state spazzate via, non per
> pressione
> > frontale, ma per compressione e sono esplose come bombe.
> Con
> > le coseguenze note. Nell'anno 1000 l'antico Villaggio di
> > Pollein sorgeva su questa conoide. Analogo fenomeno ne
> fece
> > ritrovare il campanile nella Dora, due Km più a Nord
> (da
> > ricerche su antichi documenti). Così ricostruirono
> Pollein
> > più in basso ed al riparo e da vecchie carte la
> località
> > risulta come Ruine o Rovine, termine alquanto usato
> anche
> > per altre località contrassegnate da eventi naturali
> > disastrosi e non come Chenaux & Chenières. A
> conclusione: serviranno queste "gabbie" a
> > ritenere la collera della Montagna o ... forse, e
> meglio,
> > non era da costruirsi colà. Utilizzerò questa lettera
> per
> > il mio lavoro succitato.
> > Di nuovo CIAO, os.
> > > >

From: Roberto36
To: OsvaldoCardellina
Sent: Mon Mar 12, 2012 03:54:05 PM
Subject: Re: Vie Emilius & Becca di Nona

... "Grazie per l’anteprima sulla frana a Pollein: credo che alla fine sia
molto importante, oltre che tramandare una memoria storica, continuare a
sottolineare (se ancora ce ne fosse bisogno!) cosa comporti alterare
l’equilibrio naturale, sia in termini di vite umane che di impatto sul
paesaggio. Ormai l’utile economico ha completamente soppiantato la tutela
di beni comuni che una volta distrutti non potranno mai più essere
ricostruiti e questo non potrà che costituire un gravissimo danno per le
generazioni future."

Ciao

Roberto


OK GARCON, SEI nell'HISTORY!!!

Hello, os


Central & West Couloir with white Landslide 2005
Dard s Point and Becca s North Wall
White Landslide into Right Channel


LANDSLIDES into Right Couloir on NORTH WALL of NONA's BECCA (3142m), by emilius alias Emilio BERTONA.

***

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ BECCA of NONA (3142 metres) Snowslides on N Wall April 19th, 2004 hours 19 '30, by and from Home of Emilio BERTONA, alias emilius.