Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Sep 6, 2008 1:14 pm - Voted 10/10

Great report!

Nice photos! You sure squeezed a lot of stuff into a little bit of time. Thanks for sharing it.

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Sep 8, 2008 6:32 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great report!

Glad you liked the report. Due to my distance from the mountains, I tend to only go on a few hiking trips a year - so I try and pack as much in as I can. Thanks.

maddie77777

maddie77777 - Sep 8, 2008 1:18 pm - Voted 10/10

I'm from IN too...

So I understand your few trips a year thing. I'm headed to New England in a few days to hit Mt Washington in NH and do some other hiking in VT as well. I went to RMNP for the first time last October, and your awesome pictures took me back there. Like you, I'm trying to figure out a time to get back there again. Awesome trip report.

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Sep 8, 2008 9:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I'm from IN too...

Thanks for the note. Glad you liked the report. And yeah, there are definitely times I wish I lived a little closer to the mountains. Have a great time in New England. I heard that the leaves are already turning up there. Should be a great time.

silversummit

silversummit - Nov 28, 2008 11:41 am - Voted 10/10

Great trip report

and photos! I truly enjoyed reading this and envy your having such a good hiking partner! Keep traveling and writing!
Kathy

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Nov 28, 2008 10:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great trip report

Thanks for the kind words and all the votes.

I am blessed to have two very good friends that also happen to be great hiking partners.

I try to keep writing - as I personally enjoy it. I only wish I had more adventures to write about. Guess I'll have to hit the trail more often.

Stu Brandel

Stu Brandel - Jan 21, 2009 9:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks for the Ideas

I plan on going to RMNP in July and this was a great short list of hikes - with bad weather options!

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Jan 21, 2009 10:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks for the Ideas

Glad this helped - but I guess that is what SP is for!

Highly recommend the hike out to Bluebird Lake - particularly if it is a blue sky day. One day in Wild Basin is a must! Go to Thunder Lake and up to Boulder-Grand Pass if you go the Thunder Lake way.

The hike to Sky Pond is just fantastic - and not all that hard. And although part of the trail gets repeated, the hike out to Black Lake is outstanding (check out my album for Hiking in Glacier Gorge) and be sure to hike out past Black Lake to Green and/or Frozen Lake - just start at sun up to avoid bad afternoon weather. The views up to Longs Peak and all of Glacier Gorge are incredible.

Chasm Lake at sunrise is also awesome.

Hope this into helps. There's too much to do in too short a time. You won't be disappointed.

Happy Trails,
Mark

virugore - May 15, 2012 12:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Awesome Dudes, Great trip plan

Your report and plan both shows that you have planned a lot for this trip. Great writing, great findings, great photos. I likes it. I am planning to go to RMNP and I have just 2 days. Planning for Rafting for 1st day afternoon. Want to plan hikes for 1st day morning and 2nd day full day. I want to go to a trail where I can find snow at the end, As I live in houston, I love snow.. (:P) .., I am planning to go there on 26th and 27th full day. If you are coming there too, Let me know.. haha..!!

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Four Days for Rocky Mountain National Park' main page