Hoyt Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
tioga

tioga - Jan 28, 2008 8:31 am - Voted 10/10

Incredible!

Not only are you one of the premier sources on Summitpost, but you have published guides, such as the one listed on this site, and you are quoted at the bottom of Summitpost. (Your quote: No, I will not drive across Colorado to visit the highpoint of Kansas. What do you think I am, crazy?) I must say that in some ways I am jealous of your incredible service to this site and your love for the outdoors. And the only reason I clicked on Hoyt Peak is because Hoyt is my mothers maiden name. So, anyway, how do you get to the point where you are able to publish guides?

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Jan 29, 2008 1:28 pm - Voted 10/10

viva obscure places

I'll probably never get there, but few people ever get to "my" mountains, either!

Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - Feb 13, 2008 1:44 pm - Voted 10/10

Winter accessibility

Just a few notes. Both Paulsen and White Pine are popular with the 'bilers. If you are lucky, you may not see many snowmachines but their tracks are almost a given. Swifts beyond Movie Cabins is a narrow trail and few snowmobiles venture there.

Also South Fork road is plowed to the last cabins, maybe as far as 3 miles up the creek, but there are no good winter parking options. Anyway there is usually enough snow and ice on the roadbed for a good glide to the highway!

Scott

Scott - Feb 13, 2008 8:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Winter accessibility

Thanks for the info. I'll add it to the page.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Hoyt Peak' main page