Viewing: 1-2 of 2
cftbq

cftbq - May 2, 2007 10:07 am - Hasn't voted

nicely done

I have to agree with Ms. Collard: What a deal on the condition! A very energetic hike--you seem to have no problem dealing with lots of snow. If I'm reading my maps right, Copper Mtn. is miles down the road, so I keep wondering how they can exert any control over this location. Glad to hear that you encountered no access problems.

GravityPilot

GravityPilot - May 2, 2007 10:21 am - Hasn't voted

Keep in mind

Tucker Gultch, Jaques, and Jaques Creek on the west side are part of Copper's permit area. You may or may not have noticed the cat road that was cut down into Tucker Creek. They can prosecute because you are crossing their boundry. Generally people don't just come back in our boundry, they only leave. This creates nuisance tracks, people get curious and the next thing you know we have punters outside our boundry in places that can be really dangerous. It's a $1,000 fine for cutting a closure and a $5,000 fine for cutting a closure into Lynx habitat which is a lot of places at Copper. The road you saw posted is owned by Climax Mining Co. so we at Copper have access issues to deal with as well. Just thought I'd give an FYI. Copper Creek is horrible place to be, glad to see you made it out ok.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Jacque Peak Take 2: A Postcard Day' main page