Mount Alpenglow Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-5 of 5

Steve Gruhn - Aug 2, 2011 1:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Kenai Mountains

I wouldn't classify this peak as being in the Alaska Coast Range Region, but rather in the Kenai Mountains.

chugach mtn boy

chugach mtn boy - Aug 2, 2011 2:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Kenai Mountains

I agree, and of course the text says Kenai Mountains. However, SP currently has no Kenai Mountains region, and "Alaska Coast Range Region" is the closest fit for the time being. As you probably know, it has been used for peaks all the way out to Kodiak. By way of precedent, the Chugach Range page by Natestation (on which you assisted, I believe) placed the Chugach in "Alaska Coast Range Region."

I would like to put together a simple Kenai Mountains range page sometime, which could collect the scattered Kenai peaks on SP (such as Mt. Marathon and so-called "Encounter Peak"). Would you like to collaborate on it?

Steve Gruhn - Aug 3, 2011 1:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Kenai Mountains

Yeah, I noticed that there were some outlying peaks assigned to the Coast Range, but I didn't know that there was a requirement for a peak to be assigned to a range. I'm happy to help collaborate, but I don't know much about creating summitpost pages. I've only climbed a few officially named peaks in the Kenai Mountains (Byron Peak, Bench Peak, Gilpatrick Mountain), but I'm happy to help out.

chugach mtn boy

chugach mtn boy - Aug 3, 2011 3:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Kenai Mountains

Great, let's give it a shot this fall. It's help with the info I need, not so much web page mechanics, which I can (sort of) do myself. Main thing I'd like to launch a decent range page is the right map--something with the proper level of detail to display nicely on a single computer screen and that's not copyrighted (or that one could get permission for). Sort of like what Gangolf has for an overview map here: http://www.summitpost.org/stubai-alps/155126 . So keep your eye out, and I'll do the same. Then maybe we could sit down over lunch sometime and sketch out rational boundaries for subregions that the map could be divided into.

Laron

Laron - Aug 23, 2012 12:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Kenai Mountains

So, I was wondering if we were gonna put up a "Kenai Mountains" page or not???

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Mount Alpenglow' main page