Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Dec 10, 2016 7:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Something about the N Cascades...

Just pulls you in and never lets you escape

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Dec 11, 2016 5:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Something about the N Cascades...

Yeah...I'm hooked! They are an amazingly beautiful range. I'll definitely be back. As of now odds are 50% for next summer's trip. Thanks for stopping by! Hope all is well and you are hitting the hills regularly.

Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Dec 11, 2016 4:23 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice report, Mark!

Looks like you had some good weather on the loop hike!

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Dec 11, 2016 5:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice report, Mark!

Out of six days I hiked we had two bluebird days, Colchuk Lake and above, Maple Pass Loop - the kind of weather you hope for every day you are on the trail! It was pretty overcast on Sunday for Hidden Lake, but still an amazingly beautiful day. Hopefully you are enjoying some hikes in the snow!

lcarreau

lcarreau - Dec 17, 2016 7:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice report, Mark!

Well, sometimes you gotta look at the sunny side of the wooden nickel.

A bluebird day at any mountain lake is just what the doctor ordered. Outstanding report and photos, Mark !

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Dec 18, 2016 11:18 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice report, Mark!

Yes, it's much easier to look at the sunny side of things when the sun is out. Although I am starting to enjoy the low lying cloud thing over mountain lakes and peaks. Trust me, they'll be plenty of that when I get around to round 2 from this trip! Thanks for visiting.

seano

seano - Dec 29, 2016 6:38 pm - Voted 9/10

Good choice

With its high trailhead, Hidden Lake Peak is a good choice for a short outing in the North Cascades. Another good option with less infrastructure (if that bothers you -- I'm fine with it) is Trapper Peak, which has a great view of the southern Pickets.

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Dec 29, 2016 7:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good choice

HLP was a beautiful hike! It was a great day, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I had the pleasure of bagging Trappers back in 2013. It was a great view despite the low lying clouds. Another one I'd like to get back to on a clear day. Pickets were a bit obstructed!

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'North Cascades National Park: A Short Visit With a New Friend' main page