North Ridge Comments

Viewing: 1-5 of 5

bcrowell2 - Sep 4, 2011 8:52 pm - Hasn't voted

fun scramble

This was a lot of fun, and I probably would have been too scared to attempt it if I hadn't had this route description. Thanks! I thought the steep surface of the final boulder on the orange route was actually just as scary as the big step shown in red. Coming down the red seemed non-scary to me; just slid down on my butt.

One thing that I didn't realize based on the description was that although there's exposure, it's not 3000' of exposure. If you fall on the orange/red route, you're only falling 5 or 10 feet down to a ledge. Of course that *could* still be enough to cause a very serious injury, or maybe even kill you.

mrchad9

mrchad9 - Sep 6, 2011 2:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: fun scramble

Thanks bcrowell2. I was happy to provide this information, and very pleased that it has provided some benefit to others such as yourself... prior to my trip I found the lack of detail available out there on this route a little disconcerting.

I will also modify the description a little to hopefully add more clarity.

Thanks for the feedback!

T. White

T. White - Nov 16, 2017 2:13 am - Voted 10/10

Re: fun scramble

I'd also like to thank you for this extremely well-done page. This is an essential resource for those who are planning this climb and would have been spooked by the exposed moves near the summit. Not a lot of info out there on this remote area!

mrchad9

mrchad9 - Nov 16, 2017 3:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: fun scramble

Thanks for the kind words Mr. White... I appreciate it!

T. White

T. White - Nov 16, 2017 6:37 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: fun scramble

My pleasure! I just now paid my compliments on your crux and map photos, too.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'North Ridge' main page