On the Crux

On the Crux

Taken on Sourdough Mountain, North Cascades, WA of December 30, 2010. The slopes to the side had a bit of slide action as well as minor cornices. I managed to slip in a quick shot.
Josh Lewis
on Jan 12, 2011 2:50 am
Image Type(s): Hiking
Image ID: 691289

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-7 of 7
goldenhopper

goldenhopper - Jan 12, 2011 5:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Now that's work,

but it hurts so good! Excellent photo Josh!

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Jan 12, 2011 6:02 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Now that's work,

Thanks, my friend Joanna was not so found of this spot. There was a bit of slippery spots involved, ice axe would sometimes not go in well, and when I bumped the side it set off a snow slide which meant don't fall.

Mountainfriend

Mountainfriend - Jan 19, 2011 5:22 am - Voted 10/10

Great!!

Great Photo Josh!!!
Nice to see you here again!!

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Jan 19, 2011 5:57 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great!!

Thanks Mountainfriend! I've gotten out a lot more since I was on this site last. In 2010 I've gotten out pretty much every weekend and am once again going to get in the best shape of my life. I've had a lot of amazing experiences and life lessons, I am going to be honest I feel older than 18 because of that.

Mountainfriend

Mountainfriend - Jan 21, 2011 7:09 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Great!!

Sounds very good Josh!!
Experience ever be something important in our lives. I ever talk to my girlfriend to hear older people and get more lessons from these moments.
When I was 18, I thought I was indestructible... and the life taught us that's not true!
A great hug for you!!

marlonwarren

marlonwarren - Apr 6, 2011 1:53 am - Voted 10/10

Sweet . . .

How did you find a clear day last december? I've been waiting for months for the weather to break.

cheers
Marlon

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Apr 6, 2011 12:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Sweet . . .

I was on Winter Break which most of the time the weather was lousy, but then came a opportunity of clearing. The previous day the clouds were coming off the mountains, then after this trip more clouds came in. But for the time being on the mountain it was clear for the most part.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7