GCS Pro

 

GCS Pro
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title GCS Pro
Manufacturer Salomon
Page By Dow Williams
Page Type Dec 3, 2005 / May 3, 2007
Object ID 1516
Hits 6987
Vote
The men's Salomon® men's GCS Pro is designed for athletes seeking stability, comfort and shock absorption. It features Salomon®'s Sensifit™ system that works to cradle your foot providing a precise and secure fit and the Advanced Chassis™ controls forward flex. The Ground Control System adapts to the ground so your foot doesn't have to providing cushioning and agility on uneven surfaces.

• Midsole Material: Dual-Density EVA Dual-density EVA offers lightweight cushioning.
• Outsole: Running Contagrip® Running Contagrip® provides a blend of grip and durability to cover mixed terrains at high speeds.
• Lacing System: Quickfit™ Salomon®'s one-pull lacing system which cradles the foot to ensure a precise and customized fit.

Unique Features
Sensifit™ system works to cradle the foot providing a precise and secure fit, Gusseted tongue, Ground Control System offers cushioning and superior agility on uneven surfaces, Advanced Chassis™ controls forward flex, Protective toe cap, Mud guard
OrthoLite® comfort foam insoles, Lace pocket

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

Dow Williams - Dec 3, 2005 1:07 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I just won these high end trail runners after winning the 5 Peaks Trail Running Series this year. When I race, I am very sensitive to the weight of my shoe. Even on trails I wear more of a racing flat. But this might convert me. Supposedly, the Advanced Chassis™ controls forward flex making you more efficient coming off of each bounce in stride. An argument that a little extra shoe (weight) actually makes you faster. I think I feel the difference, it could be self suggestion. Will find out next race season. I was already running on Salomon trail runners and think their lace system is 2nd to none. At 42, I am looking for any product that might give me an advantage with the younger runners.

Bad news? I won them, but they seem to be damn expensive if you buy them, and they are not currently on sale, like over $150 in Canada. I would never pay that for a shoe no matter. Look for them on sale. They do seem to be the next generation change in trail runners for mountain races. Cheers.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1