HiLight

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title HiLight
Manufacturer Black Diamon
Page By murphie
Page Type Apr 12, 2010 / Apr 14, 2010
Object ID 7025
Hits 856
Vote

ultralight single wall tent



I bought this tent last christmas and has worked awesome so far. It is the pretty much the lightest 4 season tent I can find (being only 3lbs 2oz). Although it is a single wall, I've never had any condensation issues with it. I got it for myself, but on one trip when I had 2 partners there was a time where we could only find place for a small bivy we had to dig out of the snow and all 3 of us managed to fit in here...needless to say, it was cozy. The only downturn to the tent, is that it does NOT come with pre-sealed seems, BD sends you the glue to do it. For a while I was a lazy and didn't do it, but when I finally got around to it, it was much easier than I had anticipated. They have the instructions online, as well as on youtube. the tent itself packs down incredibly small, same with the poles. Setting up wasn't what I was used to, but is really easy, the poles are actually on the inside so theoretically you could set it up in the rain or a blizzard or something.



this is straight from the BD website


A spacious one-person lounge or a cozy two-person assault-style tent, the Black Diamond HiLight uses a two-and-a-half pole design for steep, water-shedding walls and a wide, high ceiling. The full side-opening door has a built-in no-see-um mesh window, and coupled with another window on the opposite side, the HiLight offers excellent ventilation. The canopy is built with highly water-resistant and breathable NanoShield fabric. For keeping track of the little things, the HiLight has two interior mesh pockets.


  • 1- or 2-person design with single door entry and optional vestibule for gear storage

  • Two-and-a-half-pole design provides twice the strength and a drip-free awning

  • 2 interior mesh pockets

  • Mesh window on door and back wall for ventilation

  • Proprietary NanoShield single-wall fabric and 2000 mm floor



thanks for an awesome tent BD, you remain my favorite company. i would definitely recommend this to anyone, even if you are looking for a one man tent, that's what i bought it for, and its just a little roomy, but don't notice it when carrying it.

Features

Add Features text here.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

Marcsoltan - May 10, 2010 2:47 pm - Voted 4/5

I believe...
this is called "Lighthouse" I own one of these and like it a lot. I think they are a bit of a hassle to get the poles in there, but I like how light they are. By the time you smear seal seam and add longer cordage for high winds to it, the weight comes up to 4 pounds.
Stands up against high winds great.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1