Viewing: 1-8 of 8
StarMan

StarMan - Jul 29, 2008 6:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Good job!

Also growing up an "Easterner", I share your excitement as Elbert was also the first 14er that I hiked up back in 2005 (via the same trail)! (though I had already driven up both of the summits of Pikes and Evans before)

dwhike

dwhike - Jul 29, 2008 7:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good job!

Thanks, we ended up driving up Evans the last day we were out there. Beautiful of course, but what a disappointment with all the people!! We should have expected it but what a difference from Elbert...

Deltaoperator17

Deltaoperator17 - Nov 17, 2008 11:18 am - Voted 10/10

Great Story!

Great story. Two of my buds and I are going to try to do this trip with a duplicate effort on Massive after a day of rest in June of 09.

Love the pics, and thanks for voting on my article

Cheers,

Steve

dwhike

dwhike - Nov 17, 2008 5:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Story!

Thanks so much for stopping by. I soooo wanted to do Massive but we only had a week and simply didn't have the time. Massive or Longs are definitely on my short list for my next trip out there. Cheers!

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Jan 4, 2009 7:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice Report and Pictures

As always, great photos. Nice report.

Being from the midwest I know how the 1,200 miles can deter plans to get to Colorado. Having done it 4 years in a row now, it has gotten easier - it's a long drive, and I'm scheduled again for this July. I hope you're successful in getting back out there soon - and yeah it sure gets frustrating trying to decide which awesome hike/climb to do.

dwhike

dwhike - Jan 5, 2009 2:10 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice Report and Pictures

Thanks so much. I tell ya what, I'm hooked. Only spent a week there and for the last 6 months I've been in serious withdrawl! We're headed west or bust this summer...probably the Dakotas/Wyoming. Here's to hoping the gas prices stay low!

stinkycheezman33

stinkycheezman33 - May 14, 2009 10:20 am - Voted 10/10

haven't seen this one before...

nice little page! how exciting to be able to get out there finally...my wife and i have had the itch ourselves, and we actually decided to scrap our isle royale plans ($130 pp for a boat ticket--what??!?) and head out to CO this summer. i have been there once before, but she hasn't... i'll never forget the first time (first of 5 roadtrips west) that my dad loaded us all up in the van and drove out to the tetons; i've been obsessed ever since! thanks for sharing :)

HikingMan

HikingMan - Jun 28, 2016 9:59 am - Voted 10/10

Nice job!

Thanks to you and your spouse for making the effort to make this post. Planning a summit of My Elbert June 20, 2016. Reading your post heightened my excitment.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Realizing a Dream (the Northeast Ridge)…' main page