Viewing: 1-6 of 6
EricChu

EricChu - Nov 7, 2017 3:08 am - Voted 10/10

Great trip report, Liba!

Sounds like a really great time you had there, Liba! Your pictures reveal yet again what a remarkable landscape the Yangshuo area is...!
By the way, I can absolutely confirm what you wrote about the taxi drivers in Beijing! I had the same issue when I was there in 1997 - even to get to places like the Swissôtel and the music conservatory you had to give the driver an exact explanation of the way - the address alone wasn’t enough. Does one still see as many bikers as one still did in that year, despite the already existing heavy car traffic? Or has that now vanished?

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Nov 8, 2017 6:25 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great trip report, Liba!

Thanks Eric!!! Beijing has no changed - tons of traffic, bikes, and poor air conditions.

Lodewijk

Lodewijk - Nov 8, 2017 1:23 pm - Voted 10/10

Great TR

Great TR and cool to read about Yangshuo. I am planning to visit China exactly a year from now (after visiting Japan last year we decided to make a "faraway" trip every 2 years; China is up next) Apart from Beijing, Shanghai and other obvious destinations, Yangshuo is also on the list, it must be a great place.
Is biking a good way to see the area? Or is the area too big for that?
Anyway, thanks for posting & cheers,
Lodewijk

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Nov 9, 2017 2:11 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great TR

biking is excellent, don't expect any fancy bikes. The area is mostly flat, so you can cover a lit of km easy.
I think it is one of the most popular biking destinations in China... Good luck

Kiefer

Kiefer - Nov 24, 2017 4:49 pm - Voted 10/10

So jealous..

What an amazing trip!!! That was cool the fruit stand vendor offered water to wash up. I wouldn't have thought of that.
How did Michael like it?

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Nov 27, 2017 9:14 am - Hasn't voted

Re: So jealous..

Thanks Kiefer, it was wonderful. I would go back! My son is in college, so he did not go. I went with my BF.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Rock Climbing in Yangshuo, AKA Have You Eaten Yet?' main page