Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Apr 16, 2011 3:46 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice day!

Looked like a good day to be out. I tried for a summit today in the Rockies but the winds were in excess of 70 MPH like they always are and I only made it about 3/4 the way up. Did you get your camera fixed?

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Apr 16, 2011 9:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice day!

Was it at least clear? We have had the mountains like a wet land with terrible snow for quite some time. It's been a long time since I been on any decent snow conditions. As for my camera, sadly not, my mom had it in a bowl of rice for a while longer which we may test again. I sure hope it works again, that's the camera I got about 95% of my good photography.

Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Apr 17, 2011 12:00 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice day!

Nope...it was a raging blizzard. Although our snow conditions weren't bad, if it's blowing 70 MPH all the time with no viability from blowing and falling snow, you can't do much. One reason I like winter in the Cascades better...no wind!
I did notice all the terrible avy conditions there though.
Where did the photos in the TR come from then?

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Apr 17, 2011 12:26 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice day!

Well I would phrase it more like less wind. I know I've gotten my share of wind every now and then. As for the photos, I took them with my hd video camera I bought a while back. It's one of my 10 essentials to bring a camera on a mountain, even if it's not my super camera. ;-)

Mike Lewis

Mike Lewis - Apr 24, 2011 9:26 am - Voted 10/10

The snow...

had a 1 inch layer if ice crust with 150 pounds of strength that I had to kick through then sink down through 12 inches of unconsolidated powder and hit another layer of ice that was slightly weaker and punch through even further a few inches. And that was every step folks. Point 5261 was probably the hardest 1,000 feet I have ever gained. (especially since I kicked most of it myself)

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Spinning our Wheels on Spinnaker' main page