Viewing: 1-3 of 3
FlatheadNative

FlatheadNative - Oct 31, 2010 2:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Hey

some of that stuff looks familiar....if you want I can give you privaledges so you can just take it off my page.

Michael Hoyt

Michael Hoyt - Nov 1, 2010 4:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hey

Thanks, Blake, but I think I already found what I was looking for--a way to force a page to display no wider than 800px no matter what the viewer's screen is set for.

Since about half of SP members still have screen set to 1024x768, I like to format pages to fit that screen size--that is 800 pixels wide.

I found that I can add three lines of code to the very beginning of each of my existing pages to force everything to fit my specification.

I'll send you the three lines via Email since they don't display in an SP message.

Now I don't have to add the line "best viewed at..."

But, thanks for the offer to copy from your pages.

How's the book going?

Mike

FlatheadNative

FlatheadNative - Nov 1, 2010 6:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hey

That change for the pages sounds great.

I just returned from my third trip up to Apgar Lookout today. It looks like there is a lot of snow in the high country already.

The book is progressing along. I have a writer friend who has offered to edit it for me and he is doing a great job. My wife just did not have time. Editing is about 1/4 done and I have completed all of the routes to a "final draft". Now I have to get with converting to Adobe. I am not sure how that process will work. We have decided to use StonyDale as our distributor. Dale seems to be a pretty decent fellow and fromwhat I hear from you you have been satisfied for the most part. My contributing writers are in the process of putting their sections together as well.

I just keep pressing on and have started volumes 2 and 3 as well.

I have been enjoying your work on summitpost as always.

Not much else going on here besides fighting against heading to hibernation mode.

Blake

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Test Page - NO VOTING' main page