The Sultan and the Turk, SP Gathering Colorado

The Sultan and the Turk, SP Gathering Colorado

This is why I tried to keep up with the "fast group." Time to read a book (Mike), catch a nap (Kevin), and just relax, waiting for the rest of the group to make their way down the mountain. Shot this photo from the summit of a ranked twelver off the beaten path. Great view of the Needles. 2008 San Juan Mountains summer gathering.
Kane
on Jul 22, 2008 9:59 pm
Image ID: 423676

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Jul 23, 2008 1:25 am - Voted 10/10

Such a Rare Thing

A glorious, sun drenched calm day in the San Juans is a rare occasion indeed, and this photo captures the essence of that experience very well. To have such an incredible view while basking in the glory of a perfect San Juan afternoon is a gargantuan bonus. Because of my foot problem, I originally planned on not climbing the Sultan, but with such a rare day such as this, who could turn down the opportunity? I'm no worse for the wear, either, so it was definitely worth it! Thanks for submitting this photo, Kane. It really captures the moment well and goes far in illustrating the immense success of this gathering!

chicagotransplant

chicagotransplant - Jul 23, 2008 10:25 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Such a Rare Thing

I agree Aaron, this really captures the moments, I can smell the air and flowers again looking at this pic, great stuff!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2