Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Tracy

Tracy - Jul 26, 2007 10:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Very helpful/informative report

I had printed out the pertinent information from this report and on July 25th, 2007, with a partial print-out of this report, rain jacket, water canteen, and GPS in hand, I found the large cairn to the north, the Roach/Covill cairn and one of the two other cairns. Shortly after leaving the highway, it started raining and blowing hard (I should have brought rain pants too), but I persevered and found the bottle with the log, signed it in a nearby clump of firs while hunched over to prevent it from getting wet, and then put the papers in the bottle and back in it's place at the cairn. Thanks for the excellent report! This was my third county highpoint in three days - Kings Peak on Monday, Gilbert Peak on Tuesday, and this one on Wednesday; and I had done Kane County's highpoint the week before.

Dean

Dean - Jul 28, 2007 12:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very helpful/informative report

Congrat's on getting King and Gilbert. Nice to have those done and out of the way.

Dean

Dean - Oct 7, 2008 5:33 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent write-up.

Thank you for your nice comments. When I put this together I did so to try to provide information on where the highpoint was as so many folks think that climbing Mt. Cardwell gives you the county highpoint when the highest point of land in Wasatch county is located on the side of Mt. Murdock. This site, www.cohp.org has several trip reports that kind of highlight the "history" of chasing the actual county highpoint and you might find it interesting reading.
http://www.cohp.org/ut/utah.html#Wasatch

Stansbury

Stansbury - Jul 23, 2009 3:14 am - Hasn't voted

Wasatch CoHP

This is a beautiful area and is worth the visit. Between Bald Mt., the numerous lakes and other mountain ranges there is much to see including the rock field above and around the highpoint. The parking spot from Dean's picture at this page is the best place to park and is 28.9 miles from the Kamas Main St. intersection with Hwy. 150.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Wasatch County highpoint' main page