Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Redwic

Redwic - Sep 9, 2008 10:43 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great!

Thanks. I will be adding more photos, over time. I also encourage others to do the same, for peaks within Wild Sky Wilderness.

Klenke

Klenke - Oct 13, 2008 3:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Map of the Wild Sky Wilderness?

Do you have or can you acquire and upload a map (even a rough one) of the boundaries that define this wilderness?

Redwic

Redwic - Oct 13, 2008 8:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Map of the Wild Sky Wilderness?

Yes. In my opinion, the best map is included on Senator Murray's website dedicated to the wilderness area (see link at bottom of the SP page). I have it downloaded (.PDF file) onto my home computer, but because of its format I was not able to include it on the SP page for Wild Sky Wilderness. Plus, I did not know if I was allowed to copy the map here, by the map creators.

Other websites have general maps, as well, but with less detail.

Klenke

Klenke - Sep 12, 2011 4:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Map of the Wild Sky Wilderness?

I have no idea how accurate this map is. It would be nice to read the legal (text) description for the boundary so I could piece it together on a Topo map. For now, http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5181226.pdf will have to do. You can zoom in to scrutinize specific parts of the boundary.

Redwic

Redwic - Sep 14, 2011 2:17 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Map of the Wild Sky Wilderness?

That link does not seem to work. :-(

I had downloaded the original map that Senator Murray had posted, although I think it may have been removed from her website since then. I really wish the file were not so huge, or else I would post it, and I do not have my own website to upload it to. The boundaries on her map were fairly accurate.

Klenke

Klenke - Sep 14, 2011 3:02 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Map of the Wild Sky Wilderness?

My bad. I fixed the link (inadvertent " at the end of the URL).

gimpilator

gimpilator - Oct 13, 2009 7:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Page

It would be nice to hear more about the events leading up to the formation of this wilderness area. I know Ira Spring had a lot to do with the creation.

gimpilator

gimpilator - Feb 25, 2010 10:31 pm - Voted 10/10

Good improvement.

I like what you've done with the page. With the new information, links, and sub-category locations it has become a well rounded page.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Wild Sky Wilderness' main page