Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Boydie

Boydie - Jun 9, 2011 4:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Square sausage

Sounds like you had a square sausage in the cafe Jonnie. A true Scottish delicacy..you can't beat it on a roll with a potato scone! Shame about the weather you had, can't remember any May over the last few years being as bad. Glad you got some views from Bidean.
Cheers,
Stephen

DrJonnie

DrJonnie - Jun 10, 2011 5:51 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Square sausage

Thanks Stephen,
we had a great time in spite of the weather and a week was too short a time really (a month would be much better).
Thanks for the sausage tip by the way we must try your suggestion next time.

cheers Johnnie

kamil

kamil - Jun 11, 2011 6:15 am - Voted 10/10

Who cares about rain and fog...

... when there's great company and a good pint! I've tried Sheepshagger's Gold myself as well as many other local ales... Very nice report, brings back memories from Scotland.
Cheers,
Kamil

DrJonnie

DrJonnie - Jun 11, 2011 6:26 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Who cares about rain and fog...

Hi Kamil,
glad you liked our tale. We've always had great fun and a fine welcome in Scotland over the years and it's even better now that real ale is on the menu as opposed to the nitro-keg of former times. With you being from the heart of Europe you must know what good beer is all about.

cheers Johnnie

markhallam

markhallam - Mar 5, 2012 1:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Enjoyed your TR...

...and thanks for adding it to my Mamores page.
As it happens I have just been up there myself again - and had weather quite similar to yours, apart from the rain was freezing rain and there was still quite lot of (wet) snow on the tops, just solid enough for crampons. I completed my Mamores quest though with Binnein Mor and the one opposite above the wee lochan, which amazingly was still frozen.
I had 2 very wet nights in a tent. About the only positive thing I can say was there were no midges!
Good luck with your next plans!
Best wishes, Mark

DrJonnie

DrJonnie - Mar 5, 2012 2:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Fort Bill

Hi Mark,
a pity your trip was a bit soggy too. I got a heads up from my mate Andy earlier today with a recent foto of him on Ben Rinnes, there looked to be plenty of snow about.
Our next trip is to Benasque in May.
cheers Johnnie

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to '2011 - Fort William base camp' main page