Andrew's Brook/ Lake Solitude

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.31380°N / 72.0745°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Amazing shot southeast from...

VIA ANDREWS BROOK TRAILHEAD: From NH 103 just east of Newberry take Mountain Rd for 1.2 miles. The trail which is very hard to spot will be on your right just before going over a small bridge over a brook. It is very hard to spot but if you hit a dirt road you have gone too far.

Route Description

Leftover snow on the Mt....

Andrews Brook Trail
Class 1
1450' elevation gain
3.0 mile (6.0 miles roundtrip)


The most famous and most written about is the class 1, 3.0 miles one way, Andrews Brook Trail. For the first 2.0 mile the ascends up Andrews Brook. The block of the elevation gain is in this section. The trail alternate between gradual and moderate grade by the brook and is very rocky in places.

Once up to the beautiful Lake Solitude (2.0) the trail then ascends very close to the legendary White Cliffs viewing area. This is the bit of climb until you get near Mt. Sunapee. The overlook clearly has the best views with clearly the best views on the trail.

Continue to the summit take the one-mile class 1 Solitude Trail to the summit about a mile. This section is less rocky than the other and barely has any elevation change until hit the ski trails of Mt. Sunapee. Once at the ski climb one of the ski trail to the summit lodge with some good views along the trail and at the lodge.

Essential Gear

Essential hiking gear in summer. Talk to a ski official in winter before hiking up because they may ask for a fifty dollar lift ticket tag.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.