Baffled

Baffled

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Ice Climbing, Hiking, Scenery

Ice!

No matter what type of winter activities you fancy, the Sellrain Valley in Austria, near Innsbruck, has it all.

Many people come to ski, but not us, oh no. Our primary goal? Ice climbing!
And most of that we did on the Bafflefall, near Gries im Sellrain.

Bafflfall overview


Bafflfall routes


The big fall, center-right, is an easy WI 3. Only the lower half, about 60 m, is visible. On the right hand side it's WI 2, on the left just a little bit harder.
The steepest section, which makes it a WI 3, is just above the visible part. With a 70m rope, the whole route can be climbed in two pitches. With a 60 m rope, it's a stretch. We needed three.

To the left is a small, short WI 4, about 20-25 m.

And further to the left, not visible behind the trees, is an even shorter WI 5, about 15 m.

External Links

Sellrain Valley

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
mvs

mvs - Nov 24, 2010 11:09 am - Voted 10/10

Looks great

I've done some icefalls at the end of the valley near Luesens, but not this one. When were the pictures taken, just recently?

rgg

rgg - Nov 24, 2010 7:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Looks great

And great it was!

The pictures are all taken early Februari 2009. Two of them are actually from the Gasthausfall, which is very close to Lüsens. We climbed a bit there too. It's the ones with the captions 'Gasthausfall' and 'Can't you just walk?'. I've also added coordinates to almost all of the pictures here, to help people finding them.

If you weren't at the Gasthausfall, perhaps it was at the Hängende Garten, but we didn't even go there, that's way beyond me! I didn't get any good pictures of that one though. In fact, I didn't take a lot of pictures at all, too busy climbing!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.