Beautiful Weather and Scenery on Big Chief

Beautiful Weather and Scenery on Big Chief

Page Type Page Type: Album

Great Weather and Views

Many days of terrible cloudy weather paid off! I finally had an opportunity to return to the mountains on a good weather day with wonderful scenery.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Senad Rizvanovic

Senad Rizvanovic - Dec 1, 2011 9:09 pm - Voted 10/10

...

Nice set of pictures.

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Dec 21, 2011 3:15 am - Hasn't voted

Re: ...

Thanks, it was a very nice set of weather that day!

EricChu

EricChu - Dec 19, 2011 6:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Marvelous!

Josh, this is another real "strike" of yours! These pictures are just fantastic!
Cheers and congrats,
Eric

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Dec 21, 2011 3:16 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Marvelous!

Thanks Eric, tomorrow I hope to post many more from my latest exciting adventure.

lsheen

lsheen - Dec 20, 2011 9:02 pm - Voted 9/10

Amazing...

Josh, I'm mostly interested in the Himalaya, but I have to admit that this set of photos is just gorgeous.

Thanks so much for sharing,

Big Lew

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Dec 21, 2011 3:17 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Amazing...

The Himalaya is certainly an impressive part of the world. But even with my "small" Cascade Peaks I see from my home have some views that I would not trade for gold.

lsheen

lsheen - Dec 21, 2011 2:27 pm - Voted 9/10

Re: Amazing...

Gotcha. And the thing I appreciate the most is your skilled eye at capturing that beauty - something you do very well indeed.

As far as visual impact goes, I believe your beloved Cascade peaks are close to Himalayan scale. What I mean is this: From what I understand, Everest Base Camp is around 17,500 feet. Everest's summit is 29,028 feet. So it's only (!?) around 11,500 vertical feet from EBC to the summit. Sure - when you get there it's 29,000 feet, WAAY bigger than any other peak in the world, including the Cascades. But the vertical rise from base camp is not that much larger than the vertical rise from the surroundings to some of the high Cascades.

I'm glad you live in such a beautiful area, have the skill to capture it so well, and are willing to share your photos.

Merry Christmas,

Big Lew

lsheen

lsheen - Dec 21, 2011 3:05 pm - Voted 9/10

Re: Amazing...

And speaking of the Cascades, Hozomeen would look at home in the Himalaya... what an impressive peak!

Big Lew

Viewing: 1-8 of 8


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.