Blue Trail-Saddle Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.52600°N / 71.3686°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Gunstock Mountain from...


VIA THE CARRIAGE ROAD: From the I-93 exit in Tilton (exit 20) take route 3 east toward Laconia. Make a right on Route 11 bypass rough six miles east of I-93. Get on to 11A h4eading towards Gilford. Make a right on Belknap Mountain Road. Head through the town center of Gilford and head for almost 3 miles. Make a left at the old sign pointing to Belknap Mountain. Head up the road all the way to the trailhead which is at the end of the road.



Route Description

Shot from on the summit of...


Blue Trail-Saddle Trail
Elevation Gain 500 ft.
Distance 1.0 miles


From the trailhead head past the old parking garage and stay on the Blue Trail as the Green and Red Trail will begin on the right. Continue up the easy class 1 trail through the thick forest to a saddle that lies between Gunstock and Belknap Mountains.

At the intersection merge left on the Saddle Trail (trail unmarked). Head up the Saddle Trail 0.4 mile through most evergreen forest over hiking and very simple class 1 scrambling to the summit of Gunstock Mountain.

Essential Gear

In summer only shoes, bug repellent (West Nile and Triple E) and water is necessary. I wouldn't advise hiking to this summit in winter for fear of being charged for a lift ticket

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.