Bocca Borba

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.37520°N / 8.93380°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike and Scranble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: II
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Take RN 193 either which connects Ajaccio and Bastia and turn into the Asco valley using D147. The intersection is a little north of Ponte Leccia From there drive through to the end of the valley to Haut Asco.

Route Description


Altitude Gain: 1300m
Difficulty: II
Duration: 5 1/2h

From Haut Asco the trail starts through the Val de Tighiettu. Since the first part (up to the suothwestern ridge) is part of Corsica's trecking trail GR20 - you'll find lots of red and white marks. Also accomodation on this part of the trail is rather easy to find. In any case the first stretch is the comfortable part of the hike and takes approx 45min.

After a small wooden bridge the 2 1/2 hour ascent to Bocca Borba starts. Here you encounter some bands and couloirs that require some climbing experience. A two hour scramble takes you to the southwestern ridge, which you follow to the summit. This last part gives you breathtaking views of Punta minuta and Paglia Orba.

Essential Gear


In summer hiking gear is sufficient. In spring and autumn you might need crampons. Bring warm clothes since Haut Corse is very windy.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.