Fall Colors in Washington State 2008

Fall Colors in Washington State 2008

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Scenery

Attach Washington's Fall Photos Here

This page is dedicated to the beautiful fall colors that surround Washington State. If you have any beautiful fall pictures from Washington State feel free to add them. This includes all Seattle city park pictures, Couger Mountain pictures, berry bushes pictures and last but probably most the larch pictures.

Overview

After living in New Hampshire for 6 1/2 years and Maryland for 23 years I have grown to love the fall season. The season always produced unbelieveable day. Memories include warm apple cider, beautiful fall foilage, and crisp cool evenings. As some of you know I left New Hampshire to move to Seattle due to the fact that I fell in love with the Cascade mountaineering possibilites and the fact that the Seattle economy was a little better than New Hampshire's. I still cherish the great times in New Hampshire and will always remember the beautiful scenery as well as the wonderful White Mountains.

I was told by some people in New Hampshire as well as some surprisingly in Seattle that I was going to miss fall. Living here for a year and a half now I can say that though the color is not as strong as it is back, there is plenty of fall beauty here. Most impressive are the larches here. I saw a couple off of Earl Peak and I must say that these are very pretty tree in fall. Often these trees are photographed with snow underneath them and often look very stellar in winter.

The berry bushes in the high country are absolutely amazing here. Lymans Lakes between Mt. Fernow and Bonanza Peak is a terrific place to spot these amazing berry bushes at their prime. Also Mt. Labyrinth off of Route 2 contains amazing color during late September.

Finally the city of Seattle and some of the neighboring foothills contains some great fall foilage. Though the trees are not quite as vibrant as New England the color is still there and drives along Route 900 from Renton to Issoquah as well as from Preston to Snoqualmie Falls usually light up in fall. And from urban fall foilage the city of Seattle with all of it's diverse trees and pretty scenery over the Puget Sound carries it own weight. Strangely the most colors often are seen in the suburbs and the forested parks. Last year many of these colors were so strong, they helped welcome me to the Pacific Northwest.

As with New Hampshire and Maryland, Washington State has a great fall foilage season. You might have to look a little bit more, (or less if you live in Seattle) but it is out there. And the mountains here are awesome to climb here at any season. Here are some photos. Feel free to add your own of Washington State in fall.




Fall in the foothills
Fall in the foothills
Fall in Washington
Mt. David Color
Snoqualmie Foilage
Black Peak Larch Trees


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Dean

Dean - Oct 18, 2008 12:25 am - Hasn't voted

Got to agree

As this album builds it will really add to what you've said about the autumn colors in washington. So many of the pics posted at Nwhikers add credibility as to the fantastic autumn display found all over the state and particularly in the larch areas. I'm missing my autumn hikes in the Enchantments, Stuart and other areas that are so gorgeous so I'm glad to see you put this album up. I'll try and find some pics to add as i get the chance.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Related 

Friends

Related objects are relevant to each other in some way, but they don't form a parent/child relationship. Also, they don't necessarily share the same parent.