Fall Colors in Washington State 2009

Fall Colors in Washington State 2009

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Scenery

Pics have arrived

This is the final week!!!!!!

9/27/09-Pictures are from my Crow Hill, Pyramid Mountain, Graham Mountain trip
10/4/09-Pictures from my Duncan Hill trip
10/12/09- A lot of excellent photos of larch, bushes and trees from jkuresman and 2_climbaxes. Thank you very much!
10/13/09-I added some pictures from Cave Ridge between Guye Peak and Snoqualmie Mountain
10/25/09-I added some pictures from Silver Peak and from the Issaquah Alps
10/27/09-Gimpilator added some great berry bushes shot.
10/30/09-StephAbegg added some great larch shots

Fall Colors in Washington State 2009

I have been challenged this year by a number of people from back east who want to see the fall color here in Washington State in 2009. They claim that there is not much fall color in Washington State and that what color there is can't compare to back east. I know differently and last year I produced an album of the beautiful fall leaves in Washington to prove it. They are not buying it and said last year was not normal.

I encourage anyone who has good fall photos, to put there photos on this album and show what Washington State has got. Keep them all of 2009. Let's show the world what they are missing with fall in Washington State.

I myself and going to bag some peaks in larch country so that I can get some great shots of fall leaves. Then in middle and late fall I will focus on the foothills which can carry some great color late in the year.




 
Flaming larch trees in the Enchantments
 
 
Trees
The classic road shot!!

 
Pyramid Mountain
Fall is here
 
Ingalls Pass Larch
 

 
Blueberry Bushes
 

 
Waterfall
 


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Redwic

Redwic - Oct 9, 2009 10:59 am - Voted 10/10

Interesting...

Don't forget photos showing blueberry bushes and heather. Those are awesome to see during Autumn months.

EastKing

EastKing - Oct 10, 2009 1:26 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Interesting...

Don't worry! I will be going to take picture of many of Washington's finest fall spots. This is a public album, which means you can put your 2009 fall foliage shots on here. The only requirement is that they are from 2009 and from Washington State.

EastKing

EastKing - Oct 16, 2009 9:23 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Will

They already have! It has not taken off though as much (Maybe there is a reason for that). They actually put it up on the East Coast forum.

EastKing

EastKing - Oct 18, 2009 1:51 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Will

It is a little weaker this year than last. Still though the larches are doing very well and enough to earn some respect on the fall leaves. Luckily we still have two weeks to go on the western side of the Cascades. I took some pictures with my wife today and will probably be heading over to the Teanaway Region tomorrow.

EastKing

EastKing - Nov 1, 2009 1:00 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Washington=Best

Without a doubt this page has truly shown how great this state is when it comes to the fall season. Larches, berry bushes and in the foothills, east coast style decidious trees. Add on that the Pacific Northwest has a much longer fall season than most other parts of the nation and clearly the Pacific Northwest is a terrific fall destination. It is truely a fall paradise out here. This is going to be the last prime weekend but there will be time to wrap it up next week as well.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5


Related 

Friends

Related objects are relevant to each other in some way, but they don't form a parent/child relationship. Also, they don't necessarily share the same parent.