Flowers in the Saastal

Flowers in the Saastal

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Flora

Introduction

The Saastal is the valley between the Mischabel and Weismiess groups. My first visit was a short one, just an overnight trip to Lagginghorn. A few years later I was back, hoping to climb one or more routes in the Mischabel group. Unfortunately both the conditions and the weather were far from ideal, and so we ended up doing a bit of rock climbing and hiking. And, having a lot of time on my hands, I photographed lots of flowers.

Where I've been able to figure them out, I've given the names of the flowers. If you think I've made a mistake or if you can supply more names, please do! To help with the identification, I've given descriptions of the locations, and often I've added the coordinates of where I took the photo.

External Links

Alpenrose on the western flanks of the Weissmies group
The very common but always pretty Alpenrose
On one particular hike we followed the Alpenblumenweg (site in German), mostly above the tree line, traversing the western slopes of Weissmies. On clear days, this route should offer spectacular views to the Mischabel Group on the other side of the valley, but unfortunately the cloud base was too low for that. However, for photographing the local flora that didn't matter, and so I took lots of pictures.


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.