From Drano ( Valsolda)

From Drano ( Valsolda)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.03485°N / 9.08302°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy
Additional Information Grade: II
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Panorama to East from Cime dei Pizzoni
Toponym “Monte dei Pizzoni” comes from conformation of its ridge , that in the higher part , is formed of a lot of towers, pinnacles and, exactly , “pizzoni” of white limestone rocks . Panorama is varied and evocative at least . From the main top q. 1303 m. view spaces free towards East in direction of “ val Menaggio” , Como lake (Lario) and Orobie Alps , while towards West , panorama embraces the branch of the Lugano lake and homonym lacustrine gulf and in distance the Pennine Alps . Towards N the view is closed up by the step and abrupt southern flank of “ Cime di Fiorina “ 1810 m. and by the northern head of Valsolda , instead looking South the wide ranging is pushed beyond waters of the Lugano lake on the sweet undulations of val d’ Intelvi .

Getting There

Como – SS340 Regina Menaggio – Porlezza – Valsolda villane of Drano 473 m.

Route Description

Cime dei Pizzoni ; along the way up
Start at the old village of Drano 473 m. ; follow the off-road that start from the little main corner – Piazza San Simone - in proximity of a small church . At the II° winding curve (after about 10 min. walking ) leave the off-road and get to the path that is detached on the right . Following completely this path that covers the whole of Monte dei Pizzoni’s ridge you reach at last the higher elevation 1303 m. (2,30 h). The light patht is marked with white and red varnish bubbles even if somewhere it is reduced to a simple tracks . In the final part of the way are crossed some “ pizzoni “ and typical pinnacles by , sometimes exposed , pitches with short passages on easy small cliffs (max II° UIIA) .

Descend : by the same way or by the path to “ la Forcola “ .

Essential Gear

Normal gear for hiking

External Links

Monte dei Pizzoni - C2C -
or
Monte dei Pizzoni - hikr -


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.