From Mace to Srednji vrh

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.35060°N / 14.40910°E
Additional Information Route Type: Steep, marked
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


To Mace throuh Preddvor - good road.

Route Description


The route start in little village Mace near Preddvor (about 600 meters about sea level). On the end of village is a parking place, where You can leave the car. It is also possible to get on the forest road a little higher to lower stand of lift for Dom na Kaliscu. This spare us about 30 minutes walk on this forest road.
After we get far on this road, in about 5 minutes path go to the forest and we start to mount up. The first part of path is quite steep.
When we get to crossroad (left to »Dom na Kaliscu«, right to »Srednji vrh«), we turn right and almost we cross a small stream. After a few minutes we get to another crossroad.
Now we have two possibilities: we can climb directly to Srednji vrh (left path, a little more steep), or we choose a right path: this path goes almost flat to the »Hudicev studenec« (Devil's spring) on bottom of »Hudicev borst« (Devil's forest).
The path through »Hudicev borst« offer to as a very nice view to Preddvor (with small lake) and all »Kranjsko polje« (Crain field). We get to small hunting hut, where we take a path a little higher on the left, so we get to the pass between Javorov and Srednji vrh.
From Mace: about 2,5h hour.
Now we go on ridge direction Cjanovca (quite steep), and we rich a top of Cjanovca in about 45 minutes.
From Cjanovca to top of Srednji vrh is a very nice walking path – about 15 minutes.
Total from Mace: 3,5 hours
Srednji vrh isn't so high (only 1853 meters), but when we have in mind that we started on 600 meters, the difference in height is almost 1.300 meters.
We can go back through Dom na Kališèu - nice path from Srednji vrh over Mali Grintovec (about 1 hour), or we have also possibility to take some of two routes (directly form top or through Dolga njiva) back to the Mace.


Essential Gear


Good shoes, sticks.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.