High Rock with Newbies

High Rock with Newbies

Page Type Page Type: Album

General Overview

Tahoma from High Rock
Tahoma from High Rock

July was a crappy month for me. This is starting to be a bad pattern in July. Both last year and this year I was only able to summit one mountain in July of each year. This year though I am determined to change that luck in August. Today CascadeCohen , The Maane Event  and I decided to head out to High Rock to check out some great views. Because the mountain is only 3 miles roundtrip and under 1500 feet of elevation gain we decided to invite a couple others as well. For two of them it was the first mountain they have ever done. For the other it was only his second summit ever. We all summit High Rock in under an hour. The last leg up to High Rock did give some of our newer crew some struggle with exposure but all of us did make it and everyone did get to sit on the highest rock of High Rock where excellent views awaited. We wanted to sign the summit log but there was no pen for us to sign the log in the lookout. After we spent thirty minutes on the summit we all decided to quickly hike down the mountain. We then headed to Alder Lake for a quick swim, the Elbe Bar and Grill for an amazing hamburger and then a great trip home. Great bang for the buck hike. Everyone who went on this hike is very interested now in going on another hike. Good times, good people, good summit and good burger. 

Some of the photos

The final  scramble  to the summit
Heading up to the lookout
The stunning view of Rainier
Mount Rainier in the distance


Three SPer s on one summit rock!!!
Three SP members on one rock!!
First summit is a success
His first summit ever was a success.


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.