Jeep Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 60.11100°N / 149.476°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Route Drawing

For those that find the steep loose beginning of the Race Trail to be too risky, the Jeep Trail is a good alternative. Beginning at the end of Monroe Street downtown Seward, follow the road up a few switchbacks to a three-way junction. The left and right continue as a wide road while the middle option is a trail. I believe the left option is the main route but when I was there I took the path straight up. This passed a small reservoir structure with a fence around it before joining up with the main trail. Turn right and proceed through brush and flowers. After a half mile the trail will come to a rocky gully. Follow this up over loose shale to Marathon Bowl Meadow which separates Race Point from the true summit of Marathon Mountain. Follow the switchback trail up to the left until it gains the north ridge top and follow that to the top of Race Point. Only experienced mountaineers should go beyond Race Point along the exposed ridge toward Marathon’s summit.
Seward AlaskaThe Town Of Seward, July 2009







Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.