Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Oct 28, 2013 4:59 am - Voted 10/10

Great page!

I liked how you described it. And your personal experience with Lodner.

Thanks for adding it!
Cheers!
Vid

rgg

rgg - Oct 28, 2013 12:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great page!

Thanks Vid,

As you picked up, I do indeed have a rather special relationship with this mountain. A fondness even. And that started on the first day I looked down on it from Hohe Weiße, years ago.

Cheers, Rob

selinunte01

selinunte01 - Oct 29, 2013 2:45 am - Voted 10/10

I fully understand

the captivation of this mountain. I myself was attracted from the first moment I viewed this peak. In 1983 I was standing on its top; after a great climbing via west ridge we went down the south ridge and the southwest slopes (no trails, VERY steep)back to Lodner Hütte.
So thanks a lot for posting this peak - it brings back good memories of a nice summer 1983 in the Texel group.

rgg

rgg - Oct 29, 2013 12:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I fully understand

So we can expect two more route pages soon then?

Ok, I'm just kidding, that was a very long time ago. It sounds like an exhilarating traverse, considering your still remember well.

Here is a picture with the WNW ridge coming from the left, and showing that steep S ridge that you descended:

Lodner (3228m) from Lazinser Rötelspitze (3037m)
Lodner from the Lazinser Rötelspitze. The first part of the connecting ridge is easy, but to traverse it all the way, you eventually have to climb the steep S ridge to the summit

selinunte01

selinunte01 - Oct 29, 2013 4:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: I fully understand

Oh yeahhh, I was a poor student in these times with no decent camera :-)
I only have those "pictures of the inner eye" left but there are still a lot of them; e.g. I remember very well a meadow full with blossoming cotton grass at the bottom of a high cirque near Zielspitze and amidst of that blossom wonder some huge blocks of pure white snow big as a single family home - a leftover of a huge avalanche - still being there in August. I never saw such a strange and enchanting scenery again ...
That year I went two times to Texel group and Lodner hut, summiting Tschigat, Rötelspitze, Lodner, Hohe Weiße, Hochwilde South, Blasiuszeiger, Zielspitze and Roteck. I fell in love with that area but never went back again.
Cheers, Michael

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Lodner / Cima Fiammante' main page