Magical Monument Valley

Magical Monument Valley

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking, Wildlife, Informational, Scenery, Panorama

Magical Monument Valley

When I visited the western part of the USA one of the things that impressed me the most was Monument Valley.
The home of the famous 'Inselbergen', the Geological name coming from the german language meaning something like ' Mountain Islands'
During my visit I made some pictures which I put together in this album! Enjoy!



Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
peterbud

peterbud - Jan 8, 2008 10:57 am - Voted 10/10

Inselbergen

I guess the Spanish "mesa" (meaning table) are used in English for these forms. I saw them as well :)

Lodewijk

Lodewijk - Jan 10, 2008 7:16 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Inselbergen

Yes that is right. The term 'Inselberg' is used by the dutch and germans and probably some other countries too.
And I think everyone who gets the chance should go see them!!
Cheers Lodewijk

peterbud

peterbud - Jan 10, 2008 8:15 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Inselbergen

I was lucky enough to see them personally, though only through the roadside fence... but I understand the reasons and accept them.

SoCalHiker

SoCalHiker - Jan 8, 2008 11:14 am - Voted 10/10

Great album!

Thanks for posting. I have yet to see those monuments.

Lodewijk

Lodewijk - Jan 10, 2008 7:17 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great album!

You are very welcome! You really should go see them, it is great!
Lodewijk

Viewing: 1-5 of 5


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.