Normal Route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 39.84258°N / 2.92571°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike, some easy climbing in parts
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: easy, I-II in parts
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Right From the C710 Sóller-Pollensa, just past Lluc, you have to exit at KM 17,4 in direction to "Binifaldo - Menut". The road will take you after a long winding road to the bottling plant Binifaldo. At the parking place there, you'll notice a big wooden sign "Font". At the right side of the green metal gate to the bottling plant itself is whole in the fence and that's exactly where the trail starts.

Route Description


The trail takes you along the fence through the forest to a turn to the right, which is marked with red markings on rocks and stone cairns. Keep on following these markings along the serpentines. Eventually you'll leave the forest, cross the scree slopes and will find yourself on a rather steep trail over rocks, which is safeguarded at two points by fixed ropes (climbing III-). After 50 minutes or so you'll reach a saddle at 1.050m, where you'll have to turn left, NNE. At first, the trail will remain below the ridge but on the last third it will be on top of the summit ridge. Be aware of the rather huge 300m drop on your left, particularly during bad weather. The Tomir itself is marked with big pole, so you'll know when you are there.

Essential Gear


Usual hiking gear is required, additionally some water, a compass and map.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.