Penns Creek Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.84300°N / 77.3083°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike (Class 1)
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


This trail starts at the base of the ridge and hooks up to the Chimney Rocks Trail. It makes a good loop hike when done on your return from Chimney Rocks.

Route Description


This trail is approximately 0.75 miles in length and has some very interesting features to add to Chimney Rocks when done as a loop hike. After your descent from Chimney Rocks, turn left onto this trail at the base of the ridge. From here the trail will take you out to Pulpit Rock. This is a huge flat rock outcropping which runs into Penns Creek like a ramp. Along the bank you can find some really cool fossils and get a nice view back up to Chimney Rocks.

From here the trail heads east and takes you to the smaller un-named creek. Here is the monkey bridge! This is lots of fun, but you have to be careful, especially when it's wet. Once across the bridge the trail will soon meet up with the forest service road that takes you toe Wesley Forest.

Essential Gear


Comfortable hiking boots, snacks, and a camera.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.