Roetlspitz & Monte Scorluzzo from Passo Stelvio

Roetlspitz & Monte Scorluzzo from Passo Stelvio

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking, Scenery

Overview

As a warm up for our climb of both Ortler and Piz Palu we climbed Roetlspitz / Punta Rosa (3025m) and Monte Scorluzzo (3085m) as a day trip from the Passo dello Stelvio / Stilfsersjoch. After driving all night from the Netherlands (and passing the Reschensee + drowned church), we arrived early in the morning in Trafoi, were we set up our tent at the local campsite. Directly after, we drove up the Stelvio Pass at over 2700 meters. From here it is only some 300 vertical meters to both Scorluzzo and Roetlspiz. Two 3000-meter peaks, each at the opposite side of the passroad. Our initial plan was to climb only Monte Scorluzzo, but after a quick summit we decided to go for Roetlspitz as well. Two of the easiest 3000ers in the Alps and great for acclimatizing. The views to the Ortler Group are especially rewarding. After our climb we drove back to Trafoi for a well deserved Beer & Pizza. The following week we would climb many more peaks such as Hoher Angelus, Vertainspitze, Ortler and Piz Palu.


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.