Royal Gorge - Colorado

Royal Gorge - Colorado

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Informational, Scenery, Water

Royal Gorge Park and Bridge

The Royal Gorge is located near Canon City, Colorado and a spectacular example of a granite canyon which eroded in a very different manner than the Grand Canyon. Though owned by a private company this scenic wonder should not be missed. You can raft on the Arkansas River through the canyon if you are 16 years or older and an experienced rafter as I did in 2008. You can walk across a wooden and steel bridge crossing the canyon. There is also an incline railroad, an aerial tram as well as a train that runs through the gorge itself.

For the absolute best view of the gorge, ignore the touristy attractions that line the park and go for the Royal Rush Skycoaster as I did and swing back and forth in a harness a hundred feet above the canyon. It is a thrill not to be missed!


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
myrone

myrone - Aug 4, 2009 11:38 am - Voted 10/10

Really Excellent!!

Comprehensive and very well put together..............
I appreciate your obvious love for the Colorado region as you seem to share my very same feelings.
Thank you for this album, much admired.
Myrone

silversummit

silversummit - Aug 4, 2009 4:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Really Excellent!!

It's really just a beginning but I appreciate your kind words. The Royal Gorge is a very interesting place to visit and the whole area is quite beautiful. Thank you! Kathy

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.