Sesvenna Hut

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.72350°N / 10.48830°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-Up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

You'll get to Burgeis - the principal trailhead via SS38 ans SS40 from the south or S40 from Reschenpass in the north. In both cases just follow the Vinschgau / Val Venosta Valley. From Burgeis turn west onto a little side road towards Schlinig / Slingia wher the ascent starts.

Route Description

Altitude gain: 850m
Duration: 4h
Difficulty: Hike
Trailhead: Schlinig / Slingia

From Schlinig there are two trails which lead to Sesvenna hut. One follows the road, the other (which I would recommend) runs along an old pilgrimage trail along the norhern slopes of the Schlinig Valley. At Inn Alm the both trails recombine and head for Sesvenna hut.

Shortly before you reach the hut, a trail (no 8) turns off to the right. It ascends along the slopes and later divides into two trails. Take the left one (still no 8), the right one (8A) leads back to Plantapatsch hut. The former trail heads up to Oberdörferjoch (2338m) where you turn right onto trail no 9 towards Pfaffensee. You'll reach the Watles summit ridge to its southwest and follow it to the top.

We did this route as a descent route and as such it was rather boring and cumbersome. We had to hike back all the way from Schlinig to Burgeis which was not very much fun.


Monte Vatles / Watles  photo_id=95106Monte Vatles / Watles  photo_id=95107Monte Vatles / Watles  photo_id=95105

Essential Gear

Hiking gear is sufficient.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.