Wild Basin Drainage

Wild Basin Drainage

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

Wild Basin Drainage

Wild Basin resides in the southeast corner of RMNP and offers some of the most spectacular scenery in the park. For those willing to tackle the long approaches, the summits of numerous peaks await you. Chiefs Head, Mt. Alice, Isolation Peak, Ouzel Peak and Copeland Mountain, among many other summits, can all be reached from the Wild Basin Trailhead.

The snowmelt and rainfall runoff from these beautiful mountains provides the drainage of this area, resulting in beautiful alpine lakes, waterfalls, cascades and creeks. The main drainage includes North St. Vrain Creek along Wild Basin Trail and Thunder Lake Trail, and Ouzel Creek along Bluebird Lake Trail.

This album is a collection of my photos of the drainage of Wild Basin. These pictures are primarily from the Wild Basin Trail, Bluebird Lake Trail, Thunder Lake Trail and the Lion Lakes area. There are areas of Wild Basin that I still need to explore and therefore there are more photos to include. So please feel free to add your favorite pictures from the Wild Basin Drainage.


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.