Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.60169°N / 13.69085°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 6722 ft / 2049 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Zwolfernock is one of the lower tops at ridge of Mount Dobratsch.
From the summit extends wide panorama of Julian Alps, Karawanken, Nockberge, Carnic Alps and Hohe Tauern and of course main summit of Dobratsch. Under summit are interesting karst formations like karts funnels.

Getting There

The best way to get to Zwolfernock is a toll road Villacher Alpenstrasse.
Starts next to Ski Jump in Villach in Villach-Möltschach.
End of the road is parking Rosstratte 1732m. From here is a wide road leads to Dobratsch, crossing its nothern slopes. When we reach about 2000 m, on the left is Zwolfernock. No marked path leading to the summit, so we have to go through the grassy slope to the summit.
When we see a triple cross, we are sure that we got to the target.
It is very easy and short hike with wonderful views, only 317 meters of the approach.
Summit cross - photo 3

Summit panoramas

Julian Alps and Dobratsch

marked summits - alpen-panoramen


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Gailtal AlpsMountains & Rocks