A Dutchman, a Kiwi and an Englishman roaming the western Alps

A Dutchman, a Kiwi and an Englishman roaming the western Alps

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing, Scenery, Panorama

Meeting

Early 2012, I saw a comment by Mark Hallam about the Gonella refuge on the Italian Normal route on Mont Blanc. Later, we got in contact, one thing led to another and so we met in Chamonix, early September.

We had some ideas of what we would like to do, one being the Italian Normal Route. But while I had already been in the Alps for a couple of months, Mark had just driven two days from his home in England, so first order of business was acclimatization. Mark is working on writing something bigger, but for now, here are a few photos.

As for all those nationalities? Well, I'm, Dutch and Mark is partly from New Zealand and partly from England, so that's how you get three nationalities in two people ;-).

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
markhallam

markhallam - Oct 28, 2012 7:26 am - Voted 10/10

Berg Heil Comrade!

A great reminder of a memorable trip... just rather a lot of pictures of me - which I will make up for in the forthcoming trip report "Alps 2012: International Expedition".
Thanks again for your good company, 4 fine summits (especially talking me into the last one!) - and for your wisdom on all things, not least HTML!
Here's hoping we will tie onto a rope together in the future and get that bivvy in on the top of Europe...
Best wishes
Mark

rgg

rgg - Oct 28, 2012 5:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Berg Heil Comrade!

Think positive, and someday we'll manage to get up the Italian Normal route and spend the night in a bivvy on top!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2