Arrakogoiti-West ridge

Arrakogoiti-West ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.95570°N / 0.8374°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Summit of LakoraSummit & West ridge

The most easiest route to climb the peak Lakora is across the south face but I think what the routes across some of the ridges, east or west, are better itinerarys to climb. The circular route it's possible using for the descent the south face or the east ridge.

Getting There

West ridge & KartxelaWest ridge

Valley of Belagua, Navarra (Spanish route)
Trailhead: Venta de Juan Pito (1150m).
Slope: 650m.
Time: 2h30min (total 4h)

Location: road NA137 Isaba-Arette, to col of Piedra de San Martin (frontier France-Spain) 1 km before the refuge of Belagua

Route Description

Larragoiti-ArrakogoitiWest ridge
Larragoiti and CortaplanaLarragoiti

We begin to col of Arrakogoiti in Venta Juan Pito, the same route of peak Kartxela from this point. See the page of this route to approach to Col of Arrakogoiti.
West face of LarragotiLarragoiti

Summit of CortaplanaCortaplana

In col of Arrakogoiti we turn to right (west) across the easy ramps of two little pre-summits of 1502m. After a little descent to a col (Portillo de Larregorri) we reach the bottom of the peak Larragoiti. In summertime it's possible the climb direct of west face with some steps of I but with snow it's not the better option. With snow we turn to left near of the metallic fence following a path over the rocks. This 20 meters had a exposed fall in north face to left side and the use of winter material it's necessary (crampons, ice-axe) to evitate the fall.
Lakora WestLakora West
Lakora West and BelaguaLakora West

After this horizontal traverse of a few of meters we reach the wide ramp north of the peak and little by little we walk to the summit of Larragoiti (1683m). We descent to a col (cornises in winter) and we walk the great ramp of peak Cortaplana. The long ramp it's very wide and easy to walk to reach the rocky summit of Cortaplana (1781m) with spectacullar landscape with the summits of Lakora and the peaks of valley of Belagua.

The descent from the summit it's very pronunciated (not advisable in winter) and we reach a little col between both peaks. The last 90 meters of slope are the hardest of the route and with snow not are advisables because the great fall of north face (left side). The path go directly to the rocky Lakora West (1847m) with the vertex. In north direction we reach the main summit of Lakora (1877m).

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice-axe in winter

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

LakoraRoutes